Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Terrific trailer!
It didn't bother you that the Doctor is bumping into the childhood version of his future companion?
This concept was used at great length with Amy Pond, so for me it felt like revisiting old material too soon.
bionicbob Wrote:It didn't bother you that the Doctor is bumping into the childhood version of his future companion?
This concept was used at great length with Amy Pond, so for me it felt like revisiting old material too soon.

That.
Not to mention that the girl version of Clara here seems to have developed a northern English accent and looks nothing like JLC. (unless of course this version of Clara decides to be northern)

EDIT : looking at the trailer, no, Clara is not northern.
Oh, it's a one-off joke. It's already been established that the Doctor keeps running into different versions of Clara; why shouldn't one of them be too young for him to recognize? That doesn't mean the whole story is going to be about that young version of Clara growing up and loving him.

Do you all seriously think that Moffat isn't aware of Amy's storyline? Give the guy a bit more credit than that. Sheesh. LOL
TomH1138 Wrote:Oh, it's a one-off joke. It's already been established that the Doctor keeps running into different versions of Clara; why shouldn't one of them be too young for him to recognize? That doesn't mean the whole story is going to be about that young version of Clara growing up and loving him.

Do you all seriously think that Moffat isn't aware of Amy's storyline? Give the guy a bit more credit than that. Sheesh. LOL

Nah. It's crappy unoriginal writing.
This:

Quote:Not to mention that the girl version of Clara here seems to have developed a northern English accent and looks nothing like JLC. (unless of course this version of Clara decides to be northern)

EDIT : looking at the trailer, no, Clara is not northern

Piss poor.
I liked it, as long as it stays a one-off it's fine. He's playing with our expectations, in my opinion.
white43 Wrote:Nah. It's crappy unoriginal writing.

And you say this with full knowledge of how the rest of the season will proceed? :p
Likewise. Hopefully it'll be a great second half. Wasn't overly keen on the first. Just commenting on this 'prequel'.
But given the sloppy attention to detail on young Clara. :|
Oops, it seems I have done it again. :oops:

My intent was not start another Moffat bashing session. :-o

Clearly Moffat is having fun with the audience, maybe even messing with his fans/critics, but for me it was just too on the nose, too obvious.... "shrug/yawn".... :-(

It was a nice scene but it did not excite me. But maybe my expectations were too high. :-P
Oh, no worries! I was just kind of playfully arguing. It's no big deal; it's just a 1-minute trailer. I'm sorry it didn't work for everyone as well as it worked for me.