Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big Finish Audio has announced their anniversary project, a multi-Doctor adventure featuring all surviving classic Doctors --starring Tom Baker, Peter Davidson, Colin Baker, Sylvestor McCoy and Paul McGann!!!!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-w...-announced
Awesome!!!!!

What's especially nice is that the age of the actors isn't even a factor in an audio production.

We may not get a multi-Doctor story in the new series (at least not with classic Doctors), so I'll really be looking forward to this!
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]So, even though we'll only have about 10 episodes this year (plus the 2-hour TV-movie about the show's origins), BBC America is smartly keeping us fans happy with related programming.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]First, the network is airing a series of specials about each Doctor, starting with a William Hartnell retrospective at the end of this month. Ordinarily I find the specials boring because they're only about the post-2005 episodes, but I look forward to some old-school reminiscing.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Also, BBCA will air the 8-part mystery/drama Broadchurch later this year -- a miniseries which features both David Tennant and Arthur Darvill! (Ooh, the fan edits that can be produced out of this footage . . . )[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]And the miniseries is written by frequent DW contributor Chris Chibnall.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bbc-america-acquires-broadchurch-starring-408892[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Then there's Spies of Warsaw featuring Tennant, which airs later this month (I believe), and some project featuring Tennant and Karen Gillan (!) which is apparently still in the works. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Meanwhile, Law & Order UK continues with Freema Ageyman and (Fifth Doctor) Peter Davison; and Russell T. Davies' new show, Wizards and Aliens (basically, Harry Potter battles space monsters), is intended to fill the gap of the missing Sarah Jane Adventures and apparently has a lot of SJA alumni working on it.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2](Sorry that I don't have more links for you, but it seems that BBC America does a pretty horrible job of advertising its stuff online.)[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Anyway, lots of fun stuff to keep us busy.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
Long Time Doctor Who fan myself.. seen almost all doctor who fan made love the Master from the Destiny In Doctors Game in the USA movie, I have every single episode which includes the reconstructions.. and totally love the Daleks as a kid and now at 34. I am also happy that Leela and Tom Baker have made a return in the new FInnish Audios.. nice to know there is a Doctor Who thread on fan edit Smile))
Welcome to the forums, wolfcarnage! Glad to have another Doctor Who fan aboard. Smile

In general, to everyone, forgive me if I've posted this here before, but I don't think I have . . .

As we've been discussing, this is the 50th anniversary of Who, and while we don't know what Steven Moffat is planning, the fans' hope is that there will be some kind of multi-Doctor story, as has been done in the previous anniversaries.

Well, a very clever fan editor came up with the following fake trailer. (Not me! I wish I could take credit for the brilliance of this.) There's no guarantee that this is what we'll actually see, but it's a great showcase for what could be.

I get chills every time I watch this. It's amazing. Smile

Great find Tom!
That trailer is pretty cool Tom.. It would be sweet.. I was disappointed how in the new doctor who series they rarely showed clips of the past doctors.. I was overjoyed when they showed that flashback of a second of each doctor.. Before the 9th went to kill that villain. It would be interesting if something like dimensions in time could happen.. But Nicholas Courtney etc...
I was disappointed how in the new doctor who series they rarely showed clips of the past doctors..

I'm glad you liked the trailer, but I'm not sure what your complaint is in the comment above, exactly. Most Doctor Who seasons don't have clips of earlier Doctors; why would that be a problem all of a sudden this season?

Also, if anything, Moffat's run on Doctor Who has featured more callbacks in one form or another to classic Who. The whole climax of "The Eleventh Hour" (Matt Smith's first episode) had clips of all the previous Doctors. "The Doctor's Wife" contained many episodes from the 1969 serial "The War Games." "The Power of Three" had the return of UNIT, the Brigadier's daughter, and even a reference to the Zygons!

So I'm not sure what you mean about the series not giving enough respect to the previous Doctors. But maybe there's something I'm missing in your comments.
Pretty interesting interview about the upcoming season and 50th....

^ damn youtube! never mind.... :p