Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-09-2020, 09:40 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]which seems like it would anger fewer people

It seems not actually. 

Really, for most, this reveal was the last straw.
(03-10-2020, 02:23 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2020, 09:40 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]which seems like it would anger fewer people

It seems not actually. 

Right? I was hoping someone would catch the irony there.
(03-10-2020, 02:52 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2020, 02:23 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]

It seems not actually. 

Right? I was hoping someone would catch the irony there.
Oh you know how it is on the internet...so hard to read into anything other than what's on the page Tongue
For the most part, I agree with addiesin's reviews, but I'd like to point out that

(03-09-2020, 09:40 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]Fugitive of the Judoon

After thinking about it, if Ruth-Doctor is real and is pre-Hartnell, it's a little weird that she has the police box TARDIS, since Moffatt showed us with his own tinkering that Gallifreyan Clara made sure Hartnell picked the right TARDIS, and it looked like a concrete slab, indicating that its Chameleon Circuit still worked. My current head canon is that Ruth Doctor stole it from, and eventually returned it to, a later Doctor, so from the TARDIS's perspective, Hartnell stole it first, broke the circuit, and passed it on. Or the Chameleon Circuit works fine and the Doctor is really in love with that shape and lies about it.
I have also heard it speculated that

even with the Morbius Doctors added before Hartnell, it could still be possible for Ruth to be between the Second and Third Doctors (as are some of the non-canon comics called Season 6B). That would explain why her TARDIS looks like a police box and why the interior looks pretty similar to early TV episodes.

(03-09-2020, 09:40 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]The Haunting of Villa Diodati

: this was pretty dang good too, IMO. My biggest complaint is just that it kind of overlaps with some eighth Doctor audio adventures I really like, but I mean, it's a good episode so I'll accept it.
This apparent discrepancy can be explained easily if 

the Eighth Doctor encounters Mary Shelley at a later point in her life than the Thirteenth Doctor. The Eighth Doctor and Mary have their adventures, then from the Thirteenth Doctor's point of view, she meets Mary again, but from Mary's point of view they have never met. The story features the re-writing of history, so for this Altered-Point-of-View-Mary, her encounters with the Eighth Doctor will never occur.
(03-10-2020, 04:08 PM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: [ -> ]This apparent discrepancy can be explained easily if 

the Eighth Doctor encounters Mary Shelley at a later point in her life than the Thirteenth Doctor. The Eighth Doctor and Mary have their adventures, then from the Thirteenth Doctor's point of view, she meets Mary again, but from Mary's point of view they have never met. The story features the re-writing of history, so for this Altered-Point-of-View-Mary, her encounters with the Eighth Doctor will never occur.

That can't work because Haunting of Villa Diodati and Mary's Story both take place on the same night...
(03-11-2020, 01:40 AM)ChainsawAsh Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2020, 04:08 PM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: [ -> ]This apparent discrepancy can be explained easily if 

That can't work because Haunting of Villa Diodati and Mary's Story both take place on the same night...

Yeah,   mentioned the Time War as an explanation, which works well enough for me. Mary's Story happened, then was undone or rewritten or whatever is simplest, and the Eighth Doctor got amnesia a lot, so current Doctor doesn't remember the events either.
(03-11-2020, 01:40 AM)ChainsawAsh Wrote: [ -> ]

This apparent discrepancy can still be explained easily if

the Eighth Doctor encounters Mary Shelley at a later point in her life the evening than the Thirteenth Doctor.
It really doesn't, though. The Time War rewriting stuff is the only explanation that works.
Some of the 'Lockdown'-exclusive minisodes that have come out lately

And now we're getting one that provides definitive closure for Sarah Jane Smith!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a32195183/...-t-davies/
I never thought we'd see Russel T. Davies write anything Doctor Who related ever again.  This is wonderful stuff.