Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's the thing - if the writers realized they were doing this and made it a trait of Thirteen to explore (stuff like this happens a lot with her, and has since Series 11), that would be an incredible arc for her ... but I don't think they're doing that at all. As you say, I don't think they know that they're writing her with a kind-of-fucked moral compass.

But I hope I'm wrong, because if that's the arc they're going with for Thirteen (kind of the inverse of Twelve's arc), I'd be so on board for it.
Orphan 55 didn't quite bowl me over. Thought they got into the danger way too quickly before the spa had been properly established. Monsters reminded me a bit of the one from Love & Monsters. Ending was ripped wholesale from serial one of Trial of a Time Lord and the Planeteer Alert at the end were deductive woke points.
Orphan 55 was really bad.  The pacing and editing were so frenetic I could hardly keep up with what was going on.  It's so bad I read a few criticisms from reddit asking if it was made on cocaine.
Sorry to say it but that episode was utter sh*t.

Did they re-use the cr*p monster costume from the worst ever episode of Babylon 5 'Grey 17 is missing'?:

[Image: 49379651568_b4aa5e8fb0_o.jpg]
I wonder if whoever edited this episode took a look at The Rise of Skywalker and decided to try and do an even worse job.  Holy hell was the editing bad, elevating a bad enough story into laughably bad.  Some of the acting (from the daughter and Vilma in particular) was atrocious, and it seemed like this was originally a two parter they decided to trim into a single episode, with hilariously bad results.  Personally, I appreciated that they finally gave Jodie a monologue to do, if only so the critics can stop using that as one of their standard complaints about the show currently.  Overall, its going do right with Love & Monsters, Fear Her, and Sleep No More as the worse that NuWho has to offer.

I almost wonder if the spoiler reveal near the end was intentional, as the episode would have fit snugly in the later part of the JNT era.  What I did notice is that the Doctor continues to be more apathetic and reckless with others' lives, making me think her going dark is going to be a dramatic shift in her character going forward.  Characters are asking her if she's ok, when her actions are clearly showing that she is not.  It should hopefully make for a good payoff, providing Chibnall gives her enough material to pull it off properly.
Announcement tomorrow probably.
[Image: 915kzZ1bHOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
(01-13-2020, 12:09 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]Did they re-use the cr*p monster costume from the worst ever episode of Babylon 5 'Grey 17 is missing'?

I knew that monster design looked familiar!

So did Hyph3n.
[Image: barf-doctor-who.jpg]
(01-13-2020, 07:16 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]Announcement tomorrow probably.

Yay the season with top stories re-introducing the evil Master, introducing badass warrior woman Leela and introducing embarrassing levels of racism to the show Big Grin .
(01-14-2020, 03:32 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2020, 07:16 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]Announcement tomorrow probably.

introducing embarrassing levels of racism to the show Big Grin .

In short, bowlestrek's favourite season! Tongue
I think I might be bowing out from the rest of this season.  Let me know if they ever get a new editor/writer/companions.