Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not a bad premiere, monsters were naff and they spent very little money on them

A shame Doc and Graham didn't have many moments together as they had to share screentime with Sacha Dawan's Master, but I liked the little spots here and there like Doc making them both ice tea, Graham realising Doc was serious about her being a man once, and saying she never listens to him (at least until he tells her to get inside)

"O" as in "Oh, it's The Master" was funny
OMG, so...

...The Master went back in time and helped create Doctor Who!?!:

[Image: f89c00904538ab57aec9c39fd14e8cab.jpg]

Great choice of actor.

I'm a bit surprised they brought the Master back already. 
Other than that, I'm not in love with the show anymore, but it's not terrible.
(01-01-2020, 03:53 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad premiere, monsters were naff and they spent very little money on them

A shame Doc and Graham didn't have many moments together as they had to share screentime with Sacha Dawan's Master, but I liked the little spots here and there like Doc making them both ice tea, Graham realising Doc was serious about her being a man once, and saying she never listens to him (at least until he tells her to get inside)

"O" as in "Oh, it's The Master" was funny

I actually thought the monsters were one of the best new ones we've gotten in quite a while. Reminded me of some of the Lovecraftian "unknowable" Big Finish aliens, like The Eminence.
I think they might actually be the Voord, since the company is called VOR, and Voord were retconned into becoming ancestors of the Cybermen in the expanded media.
See now, if this turns into another Army of Ghosts situation and they're actually Cybermen or whatever, then I'm going to be annoyed...

I was actually thinking they may be the Boneless evolved to better function in our three dimensional universe.
I don't think there is any way the Voord are coming back in anything but the expanded media.

So the Master is back.   Did they explain how the Master survived "The Doctor Falls"?  When the Master shot Missy, he said "don't bother trying to regenerate, you got the full blast"
(01-02-2020, 03:01 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is any way the Voord are coming back in anything but the expanded media.

Expanded media gave us planet 14, which was name-dropped in The Doctor Falls as a planet of the Cybermen. Planet 14 was Marinusm, thus the Voord have been acknowledged as Cybermen prototypes in TV canon
Planet 14 was mentioned in The Invasion.