Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-19-2019, 04:40 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2019, 11:23 AM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]If Moffatt's original plan for the 50th happened: 

Thanks for sharing. I took the clip and made a full private Name of the Doctor fanedit with that tagged on at the end. I did an extra bit of editing to work around Clara seeing nine earlier in the void, and removing the bits where she says she saw "eleven faces, all of them you", now when she asks who he is and Smith says "he's me...there's only me here that's the point, now let's get back", Clara instantly faints and we get the remainder of Comet's clip here. Smile

If I had good photoshop skills, then I would do a telecomic where 9 was the war doctor. Maybe that's something that Whopix/Whoflix could do in the future.
Well, guess that's your proof right there.  Again, ratings only matter to the network, there's no use discussing it until they think there's something wrong.  And, it looks like they do.  Begin panicking.
“Returning to Saturdays is being discussed as a likely option.”

Well that sounds good.
Honestly, the show needs another hiatus.  Not as long as the first one, but long enough where some people can work out what went wrong with the show and bring some new ideas in.  Just having a female Doctor isn't a new idea if little else changes.  I'm talking story, world-building, format, etc. etc.

We got very tired writing in S11, and if it doesn't drastically improve for S12, I'm certain the ratings will continue to drop and the show's continuation will certainly be called into question.
I enjoyed season 11, and i enjoyed it more than any of the 12th Doctor's run. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(02-27-2019, 04:41 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, the show needs another hiatus.  Not as long as the first one, but long enough where some people can work out what went wrong with the show and bring some new ideas in.  Just having a female Doctor isn't a new idea if little else changes.  I'm talking story, world-building, format, etc. etc.

We got very tired writing in S11, and if it doesn't drastically improve for S12, I'm certain the ratings will continue to drop and the show's continuation will certainly be called into question.

See, that's a surprising opinion to me. Most people complained that the changes were too drastic, and it didn't feel like DW at all to them. There was a whole new group of writers this time, which helped to account for that. Pretty much no one else was saying that it was the tired, same old thing.

You're entitled to that opinion, of course. I'm somewhat neutral on the issue. I just think it's interesting that your reaction was so different from everyone else's. It's like how most people complain that the Abramverse Trek movies feel nothing like Star Trek, but my sister couldn't stand it because, well, it was Star Trek.
(02-27-2019, 05:57 PM)TomH1138 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2019, 04:41 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, the show needs another hiatus.  Not as long as the first one, but long enough where some people can work out what went wrong with the show and bring some new ideas in.  Just having a female Doctor isn't a new idea if little else changes.  I'm talking story, world-building, format, etc. etc.

See, that's a surprising opinion to me. Most people complained that the changes were too drastic, and it didn't feel like DW at all to them. There was a whole new group of writers this time, which helped to account for that. Pretty much no one else was saying that it was the tired, same old thing.

Oh, it certainly changed.  I just felt tired watching it, and even though everything was new, it didn't feel new, if that makes sense.  The basic framework of each episode felt very... simple.  And not in an entertaining way.  It felt like a ton of aspects were ditched and we went back to basics, but didn't do anything to make it compelling.

Quote:You're entitled to that opinion, of course. I'm somewhat neutral on the issue. I just think it's interesting that your reaction was so different from everyone else's.

That's probably because I'm an individual :-p
I thought some stories were great and some were boring and some had like one thing that I wish was different. And I felt like Resolution was a way better season finale than the actual season finale. 

I've never understood the separation of the Specials from the rest of the episodes. Can anyone who knows explain the reasoning behind that? Is it common in BBC shows? I know Sherlock did one but that was another Moffatt show. (And Davies did half a season of specials once, in addition to the holiday ones, so it's not just a Moffatt thing). I really would like to know.

I also watched the episodes several days later through the BBC America app, I don't think I can even contribute to ratings. If they are slipping, that's sad to hear. But what's new in those numbers? Is it the ratings for Resolution or are the counts actually different than what was already listed for the other episodes?