Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-24-2019, 06:35 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why you would want a story on a vinyl record over a CD.

I'll wait for the VHS revival personally Smile
(01-24-2019, 06:35 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why you would want a story on a vinyl record over a CD.

Me neither. An incredible sounding Rock album yes. What is potentially a fan's reel-to-reel home taping of the audio from the back of a 1960s TV set of a show that had a budget of about 30p... er no. If I did buy it (which I won't) I'd want it to drool over the artwork.
They've almost definitely remastered whatever recording they have, but yes the source was still as TM2YC described. Remastering amounts to Equalization, Noise reduction, Compression, Volume leveling, probably some expensive versions of that kind of thing. It's not like being able to remix, with the original separated dialogue and music channels.

Since the release is being treated as a big deal, with a high price and custom art, they might have tampered with it further than a simple remaster, with soundtrack or sound effects replacement or some kind of advanced corrective audio processing I'm unaware of. Not a rumor I read anywhere, I'm just guessing. It's possible.
If Moffatt's original plan for the 50th happened: 
(02-16-2019, 11:23 AM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]If Moffatt's original plan for the 50th happened: [video]

Man, that's seamless. Really nice.
Wow, that's astonishingly good work, including the voice by Pete Walsh!

Did you edit that, Wilhelm, or are you just passing it on?
(02-16-2019, 01:44 PM)TomH1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that's astonishingly good work, including the voice by Pete Walsh!

Just passing it on.
(02-16-2019, 02:10 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2019, 01:44 PM)TomH1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that's astonishingly good work, including the voice by Pete Walsh!

Just passing it on.

Cool find, though.
(02-16-2019, 02:42 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2019, 02:10 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]

Just passing it on.

Cool find, though.

Yeah, I wonder if the uploader will eventually do any more edits putting the 9th doctor into the 50th anniversary special or 8th Doctor regeneration.
(02-16-2019, 11:23 AM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]If Moffatt's original plan for the 50th happened: 

Thanks for sharing. I took the clip and made a full private Name of the Doctor fanedit with that tagged on at the end. I did an extra bit of editing to work around Clara seeing nine earlier in the void, and removing the bits where she says she saw "eleven faces, all of them you", now when she asks who he is and Smith says "he's me...there's only me here that's the point, now let's get back", Clara instantly faints and we get the remainder of Comet's clip here. Smile