Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I begun listening to the Big Finish audio's last year (for Doctor Who anyway, I begun listening to their Blake;s 7 stuff for a while beforehand) and I love them. I don't listen to them in any particular order, except the 8th Doctor stuff (which I listen to in chronological order, as it's what I'm most interested in). At the moment I'm just going through the one's on Spotify until I have enough money to continue the 8th Doctor audios, since I burnt quite a bit of it on the sales Big Finish had during the new series and Christmas.
(01-23-2019, 06:09 PM)ChainsawAsh Wrote: [ -> ]Seconding McGann's audios. Mary's Story (one of the four stories in "The Company of Friends") is a decent starting point, and it's chronologically first, I believe. 

( Don't read unless you've listened to the story: )

And last, possibly. I like to think the burned up Doctor in Mary's Story had the Dark Eyes costume and the clothing was as damaged as he was. And that was the reason he went back to a Victorian like style in his Night of the Doctor outfit. Just a thought. It's hard to find people who know that corner of the fandom.

The Eighth Doctor audios really are worth checking out. It's like seeing what could have been, except there's nothing to look at.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. At any rate, the Mary Shelley ones can pretty easily be listened to independently of all the others. It's a good way to dip your toe in the Big Finish waters.
(01-23-2019, 08:24 PM)ChainsawAsh Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, I forgot about that. At any rate, the Mary Shelley ones can pretty easily be listened to independently of all the others. It's a good way to dip your toe in the Big Finish waters.

Agreed, especially since the complete run with Mary is so few episodes, it can feel like you've completed a "season" pretty quickly. As opposed to Charley, for example.
ChainsawAsh Wrote:Oh, also, if you have Spotify Premium, all of the first 50 Main Range audios (Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Doctors) are up there (Chimes of Midnight being one of them!), as is the entirety of Season 1 of the Eighth Doctor Adventures.

Oh thanks for the tip! I've wanted to try out the Big Finish series but they're too expensive.
(01-24-2019, 10:25 AM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: [ -> ]
ChainsawAsh Wrote:Oh, also, if you have Spotify Premium, all of the first 50 Main Range audios (Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Doctors) are up there (Chimes of Midnight being one of them!), as is the entirety of Season 1 of the Eighth Doctor Adventures.

Oh thanks for the tip! I've wanted to try out the Big Finish series but they're too expensive.

A lot of the early ones (the first 100 of the main range) are only £2.99.

[Image: tenor.gif]

£100 is too much though.
(01-24-2019, 10:25 AM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: [ -> ]

There's also some Fourth Doctor ones (first season of the FDA range I think) and some Lost Stories (adaptations of unproduced episodes), too.
If anyone wants to know where the Big Finish audios take place, here you go: https://whopix.wordpress.com/chronology/
I don't understand why you would want a story on a vinyl record over a CD.