Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All of that is the shill media, who are only interested in the PC agenda the show now represents and will say anything to big it up. I check the ratings analytics on Doctor Who TV.
(01-18-2019, 10:08 AM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]All of that is the shill media, who are only interested in the PC agenda the show now represents and will say anything to big it up. I check the ratings analytics on Doctor Who TV.

I didn't ask about PC agendas or whatever (and the fact that you brought it up worries me). Asked about where to check ratings. Is Doctor Who TV a website?

Edit: Found it myself

Series 11 http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...-88397.htm
Series 10 http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...-84045.htm
Series 9 http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...-76154.htm
Series 8 http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...-66394.htm
Series 7 http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...-46939.htm

Looks to me like the ratings ARE the best they've been in years, according to your source. For example, even the lowest overnight number for series 11 beat the highest for series 10.

Again, who is saying the ratings are going down?
People who don't care for consolidated figures, check the audience appreciation scores on Rotten Tomatoes, and who rate an episode on quality content. It may be performing slightly better, but to suggest that means it was a quality season is rubbish. If you look around Doctor Who TV you'll find opinion polls tell a much different story also.

And I brought up the PC stuff because it's blatant, in your face, and completely distracts from the story. Classic Who and early New Who have left-leaning policies also, but they never intruded much on an otherwise engaging adventure packed with incident.

Why does criticism of the PC agenda "worry you?". I LIKE elements of series 11, I don't mind diversity, but I don't care for white shaming and a story that is 90% trying to tell me men or members of the right wing are scum (I lean towards the left, but everyone has a right to their political beliefs)
(01-18-2019, 12:02 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]People who don't care for consolidated figures, check the audience appreciation scores on Rotten Tomatoes, and who rate an episode on quality content. It may be performing slightly better, but to suggest that means it was a quality season is rubbish. If you look around Doctor Who TV you'll find opinion polls tell a much different story also.

And I brought up the PC stuff because it's blatant, in your face, and completely distracts from the story. Classic Who and early New Who have left-leaning policies also, but they never intruded much on an otherwise engaging adventure packed with incident.

Why does criticism of the PC agenda "worry you?". I LIKE elements of series 11, I don't mind diversity, but I don't care for white shaming and a story that is 90% trying to tell me men or members of the right wing are scum (I lean towards the left, but everyone has a right to their political beliefs)

And that is why I skipped most of series 11. Maybe I'll watch it if somebody edits out the PC stuff, but I won't until then (unless I grow to hate myself so much I'll torture myself with the rest of series 11).
Oh good gravy, let's not get carried away with the politics please and certainly stop using labels like "PC".
I AGREE

PC IMPLIES YOU OWN US

YOU DONT

WE JUST LET YOU THINK YOU DO
(01-18-2019, 12:02 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]People who don't care for consolidated figures, check the audience appreciation scores on Rotten Tomatoes, and who rate an episode on quality content. It may be performing slightly better, but to suggest that means it was a quality season is rubbish. If you look around Doctor Who TV you'll find opinion polls tell a much different story also.

I didn't realize you had responded or I would have responded back earlier. 

I feel you're moving goalposts. I asked about ratings. That's all I wanted to know. Are they going up or down. They have been going up, according to the site you mentioned as your source. I'm not trying to fight or argue, but I don't see a credible source for the claim that viewership has declined.

I said nothing about the quality of the show or its relation to ratings. What worries me about what you brought up is that I am not talking about any of the politics or political opinions mentioned, but you insist on bringing them up repeatedly. Not everything needs to be politics. If you want to know how I feel about it, broadly, I have noticed no change in the political stance of the show since 2005, and certainly not a blatant change. I'm sorry you don't feel the same.
(01-18-2019, 03:39 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]I feel you're moving goalposts. I asked about ratings. That's all I wanted to know. Are they going up or down. They have been going up, according to the site you mentioned as your source. I'm not trying to fight or argue, but I don't see a credible source for the claim that viewership has declined.

I'm not moving any goalposts, I'm telling you not to count consolidated figures as "proof" the ratings are up, they're low on the live overnights, something DWTV  and plenty of Youtube critics have brought up in the past in articles and videos that you can easily find.

There is a divide going on with this series that you cannot deny, and it has everything to do with politics.

However, now's not the time or place for this, if you want an overview that critiques this season without delving into politics, watch this.

We will have to agree to disagree about the politics. Again, I'm not interested in critique or discussing quality or opinions on the content of the show. I just want to know what source says viewing numbers have gone down, because I can't find one. I only see people making the claim without elaborating fully. At this point I don't expect such a source to exist.
The sources do exist, and I advised against counting consolidated figures (which improve ANY rating after transmission) and to focus on the overnights. 

If you want to believe the ratings are up, I can't stop you, but they have declined regardless of what you're being told by the media, who cannot be trusted for reasons I have already went into detail about