Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Loved the latest Witchhunt based episode. Alan Cumming stealing every second he was on screen as per.

Explaining a "witchhunt" using bullying was a clever way to make it understandable for younger viewers and thought provoking for adults too
It was good 'till the ending

Really, the monsters were total bellends leaving everyone just unconscious
How have we still got episodes with rushed endings?  Do these people ever learn that's a serious weakness in these scripts?  It's been a problem on this show forever.

I finally caught up watching "Demons of the Punjab" and "Kerblam"...  I really wish I enjoyed this season as much as some of the other people in this thread.  I enjoy the more educational aspects and the more diverse history being explored, but this history has been covered outside of Doctor Who in a more effective way.  I wish the stories were up to par.
I’m seeing rumor that Chibnall and Jodie Whitaker are already planning to leave the show.
(11-17-2018, 03:32 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]BBC have confirmed to Starburst that series 12 will air in Autumn 2019

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/doctor...dcast-2019

However, a hot rumour is that next season may be Chris Chibnall's last as he is struggling behind the scenes, and Jodie may leave with him

It's important to remember that a 2019 hiatus was also rumoured.  Though, nobody has come up to say this rumour is false, which may be telling.  But, as always, only time will tell for sure.
I just realised, the only good thing about the new series of Doctor Who, is that Big Finish is doing loads of special offers (which is useful, as some of their work is really expensive).
(11-27-2018, 05:11 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]I just realised, the only good thing about the new series of Doctor Who, is that Big Finish is doing loads of special offers (which is useful, as some of their work is really expensive).

[Image: OUTFIT.gif]

I disagree. Big Finish IS expensive and if they're having sales, great. But they have nothing to do with the current tv series.

Also, there are a lot of good things about the new series. I thought you said you weren't even going to watch it. So how did you come to the conclusion there's nothing good in the show?
Just watched the Witchhunt episode.  My favorite of the season, and Jodie finally did something beyond being goofy (to be clear, a fault of the scripts so far, not her).  I kept being reminded of the Tennant episode, "Tooth and Claw", and I don't think this would have been too out of place in the Tennant era.  It's a good formula, and it still works.
(11-27-2018, 05:56 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2018, 05:11 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]I just realised, the only good thing about the new series of Doctor Who, is that Big Finish is doing loads of special offers (which is useful, as some of their work is really expensive).

[Image: OUTFIT.gif]

I disagree. Big Finish IS expensive and if they're having sales, great. But they have nothing to do with the current tv series.

Also, there are a lot of good things about the new series. I thought you said you weren't even going to watch it. So how did you come to the conclusion there's nothing good in the show?

Because I watched the first episode, and I hated it. Tried watching others and rage-quit over how bad they were.

But in more important news, Tom Baker's final season is coming to blu-ray: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/...n-blu-ray/
Series 11 isn't the best season, there's been decent episodes, but they're all just "ok",  and not many of them are rewatchable, about the only thing distinct about them is that they're actually killing people off in them again.