Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm 100% on board for this. The Christmas episode is usually my least favorite of each year, and the Christmas theme of those episodes is always the weakest part of them.
That's upsetting, considering Moffat only did Twice Upon a Time to keep that timeslotHe didn't want to do it, and the Doctor would have regenerated for The Doctor Falls, which would have probably been better.  But, Chibnall didn't want to start his run on Christmas... so... we got a hastily put together mess. 

Very frustrating.  The production of this show is a freaking disaster.
I'll miss the specials, just because they gave me something extra on the big day, but I agree in that most of them were dreck. I only ever enjoyed the Tennant era ones, though Time of the Doctor and Last Christmas were ok.

New Year has been starved for something interesting with Sherlock out of the way.
BBC have confirmed to Starburst that series 12 will air in Autumn 2019

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/doctor...dcast-2019

However, a hot rumour is that next season may be Chris Chibnall's last as he is struggling behind the scenes, and Jodie may leave with him
Yikes.  As I said, the production so far is a hot mess.

If it's Chibnall's and Jodie's last...  Can we just get a Dallas style "it was all a dream" and get Capaldi back?

Three minutes of this, and I really like it.   Moreso than a few whole episodes this season.

And Graham stole my outfit.
It takes us to the tail end of this season for a continuity nod to previous eras...pigeon feed, but it'll do.
Loved last week's emotional and dramatic partition-based episode but tonight's was utter dreck.

Exploring the theme of humans being replaced in the workplace by robots with a human work quota was a great choice (just 40 years behind Judge Dredd doing the exact same thing Big Grin ) and the weaponised -redacted-due-to-spoilers- was a wonderful idea but the plot made no sense whatsoever and the direction was abysmal. We were told the workers were busy and being pushed for efficiency in the dialogue but everything the Director showed us conveyed the opposite. Workers standing round chatting without a care in the world, while packing one item an hour. One of the worst episodes in recent memory. Oh dear.
Yikes, and that promo looked so promising.  Haven't seen it or last week's episodes yet.

I wanted to do a ranking of my favorite Doctors, though.  I'm leaving out Colin, Sylvester, and Jodie, as I haven't seen enough from them to really give them a fair chance.

DOCTORS (Best to Least Best)
  1.  Peter Capaldi
  2.  Patrick Troughton
  3.  William Hartnell
  4.  Jon Pertwee
  5.  Christopher Eccleston
  6.  Tom Baker
  7.  Paul McGann
  8.  Peter Davison
  9.  David Tennant
  10.  Matt Smith
This one was alright actually...though the biggest plot hole was that the villain got himself into a couple of close calls, imagine what would have happened if he died on the conveyor belt!