Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Hobitit (Finnish version of the Hobbit 1993) need english subs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
IMDb page Here

I have managed to acquire a DVD with all nine episodes on it, unfortunately there are no English subs. There is a version on youtube with subs but the video quality is not brilliant.

I have messaged the guy and asked if it's possible to get a copy of the subs assuming there aren't hard coded but I thought I'd ask here as well in the meantime.

So if anyone knows where I might find em let me know.

thanks

I'm currently typing over the hard coded subs into srt files for all episodes. But I could use some assistance. If you have some time to help, we can complete it quicker... It's technically very easy to do with free software.
Wow. Cool find nOm.
wow. never knew bout this. that is pretty cool.
Spiny Norman Wrote:I'm currently typing over the hard coded subs into srt files for all episodes. But I could use some assistance. If you have some time to help, we can complete it quicker... It's technically very easy to do with free software.

Oh well done you!

I don't have enough time for my own life and business let alone other projects at the mo.

Dunno if you're a member of CG or not but there's 5000 creds waiting there for you from me and you'll probably earn another 20000 from other members at least.

Keep us posted and let us know when you've finished it.

E2A: If anyone's interested in this version shoot me a PM.
Spiny Norman Wrote:I'm currently typing over the hard coded subs into srt files for all episodes. But I could use some assistance. If you have some time to help, we can complete it quicker... It's technically very easy to do with free software.

I'll help if I can. I have loads of time. PM me!
wish i had the time, since subtitling is right up my alley.

but i'm entering the busy season for work. between now and spring, i'm expecting to have very little free time Sad

cool discovery, nom—senkyu. watching bits of it on youtube, and it's otherwordly enough for me to be drawn into that special D&D geek zone.
also excellent: no fake british accents.
nOmArch Wrote:Oh well done you!
Dunno if you're a member of CG or not but there's 5000 creds waiting there for you from me and you'll probably earn another 20000 from other members at least.

Keep us posted and let us know when you've finished it.

E2A: If anyone's interested in this version shoot me a PM.

Not that much, I'm more active at karagarga (hoping to get subtitles for some Italian stuff).

white43 Wrote:I'll help if I can. I have loads of time. PM me!

OK, I should've subscribed to the thread earlier!
I've already done all the typing and the timings for 1-3, but now my sound has gone (hardware & drivers OK but windows can't start the "windows audio" service). This doesn't make it any easier.
So I am going to PM you very soon!

(Don't suppose there's someone here who could help with subtitles for Italian and Dutch versions of Pride and Prejudice?)
on episode 6. really enjoying it. the low production values don't bother me at all. love seeing another take on the story.
Pages: 1 2 3 4