Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Terra Nova
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now, in total contrast to American Horror Story - I found Terra Nova, which everyone has been hyping as 'THE show to watch' - not only found it dull, cliche and unoriginal - the thought that keeps going around in my head is :

The premise of this show DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

They travel back in time, through a 'crack', but because the probe they sent never reappeared, this means it went to a parallel universe, which means whatever they do back there doesn't effect the present. WHAT? Furthermore, they can't send messages back to the future, but somehow, the future keeps sending people through, not knowing if they're getting there or they're all dead. Somehow, Terra Nova has jeeps, machine guns, tyres, sophisticated 'Bones' style computer tech, powered by ? Who makes the bullets? It looks like IKEA fitted out the houses. Plus, they have money, but given that everyone there is there for a reason - ie, their occupation, why do you need money? And how much is it worth and how do you get paid?

It has more holes in it than The Phantom Menace that has been shot to pieces. And Spielburgo is involved!!! :-(
All good points...but trumped by one simple fact. The show is dull. I could forgive myriad problems if it weren't for the whole "boring and stupid" problem. Smile

uh-huh
white43 Wrote:Now, in total contrast to American Horror Story - I found Terra Nova, which everyone has been hyping as 'THE show to watch' - not only found it dull, cliche and unoriginal - the thought that keeps going around in my head is :

The premise of this show DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

They travel back in time, through a 'crack', but because the probe they sent never reappeared, this means it went to a parallel universe, which means whatever they do back there doesn't effect the present. WHAT? Furthermore, they can't send messages back to the future, but somehow, the future keeps sending people through, not knowing if they're getting there or they're all dead. Somehow, Terra Nova has jeeps, machine guns, tyres, sophisticated 'Bones' style computer tech, powered by ? Who makes the bullets? It looks like IKEA fitted out the houses. Plus, they have money, but given that everyone there is there for a reason - ie, their occupation, why do you need money? And how much is it worth and how do you get paid?

It has more holes in it than The Phantom Menace that has been shot to pieces. And Spielburgo is involved!!! :-(

I only watched the pilot, so I may not be up to speed, but I'm not sure what your "WHAT?" is for? Why doesn't that make sense? It's an alternate timeline. Pretty simple. I also thought they could communicate with the future. I thought they mentioned it in the pilot. And why wouldn't they have all that stuff if they sent it back as well? I don't recall anywhere saying that only people were sent back. And power...of course...is supplied by natural, renewable resources like solar.

Dunno anything about money since it wasn't shown in the pilot as far as I can tell.

It's a stupid show that is cliched and preachy, but I don't think most of what you brought up is all that hard to explain away. The biggest flaw is the BS future Earth, the characters, the political message, etc. IMO.

I won't be watching it further.
I am a believer that if you can go back in time you can't change anything. Because what is done is done. If you think you can kill Hitler by time travelling: you will be killed before, and no one will know. That's what I think. The only other "believable" POV is alternate timeline, indeed. I did not see Terra Nova yet. But I'd always prefer alternate timelines stories to the unbelievable "change the past and you change the future" ones (exept for BTTF, because it don't take itself seriously).
This is a family show but without the needed humor like in Eureka or other family sci-fi shows. Also, it needs way more hot women for me to keep watching.
11 word review of Terra Nova (by Sam Greenspan)

"Lost meets Jurassic meets Avatar meets dinosaur animators hired off Craigslist."

http://www.11points.com/TV/11_Word_Revie...l_TV_Shows
I only watched the pilot but fell asleep halfway through. Just didn't hold my interest, and with limited time I have to be frugal with what show I watch.
Neglify Wrote:11 word review of Terra Nova (by Sam Greenspan)

"Lost meets Jurassic meets Avatar meets dinosaur animators hired off Craigslist."

http://www.11points.com/TV/11_Word_Revie...l_TV_Shows

:-D
I'll give it, as nOm says 'the prerequesite 4 episodes'. If it's still stupid balls, I'm out.
Pages: 1 2 3