Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Hannibal - The TV Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well, the first episode aired yesterday and both rantings and reviews are really high.

This show appears to take place before Will Graham captures Hannibal Lecter prior to the events of Red Dragon but in modern times. Therefore, this is a new continuity.

Saw this last night and thought it was seriously great. Will be continuing to watch.
this show just keeps geting good, even though one NBC station pulled it cause it was too graphic.
But last night we got the first glimpse at the "real " Hannibal.
Yeah, I wonder if the show can work as a TV-to-Movie fanedit. Let's wait until the show is overBig Grin
Watched the first three episodes and it took twice as long as the run time to do it, as I kept falling asleep. Never been so bored during a TV show. Seriously. Had to give up. A show should keep you awake and glued to the screen and Hannibal did the opposite for me.
Interesting Metro, I've really enjoyed it so far. Seems like a cross between CSI and dexter, but the hook for me is the relationship between Will and Hannibal.
I think it's very entertaining, and quite clever. Much, much better than that terrible The Following crap.
emphatic Wrote:I think it's very entertaining, and quite clever. Much, much better than that terrible The Following crap.

Could not agree more with you emphatic on that one. In a completely different league in my opinion.
So, now that the season has concluded, I really think this could be edited down to be about Hannibal's hidden agenda to see what'll happen to Will as his condition worsens. Most of the "food preparation" scenes are short enough to keep and many of the cases in the season (like the missing FBI agent) aren't needed to get a comprehensive story IMHO. Only the murders that are used for the frame job would be needed to "flesh out" the story. I think it could be a very compelling watch actually.
The show is over now and the season 2 is coming next year.
I must admit that while I've enjoyed "Minnesota shrike" and "Chesapeake ripper" plotlines I was bored with case-of-the-week killers - the murders were over-the-top and far-fetched.
I loved the performance of Mads Mikkelsen whose Hannibal is a pure evil, calculated villain of whom we don't know nothing (and not an antihero with revealed past as it was in Hannibal and Hannibal Rising).

Bryan Fuller stated that there will be new seasons: "In the first season we have this weird romance between Will and Hannibal, season two is the nasty break up and the third season would have a fugitive angle to it, the fourth season would be 'Red Dragon,' the fifth season would be in the realm of 'Silence Of The Lambs,' the sixth season would be 'Hannibal.
I'm curious about the realm of Silence of the Lambs. Smile

Speaking of fanedit, it would be nice to focus only on "Minnesota shrike" and "Chesapeake ripper" plotlines with unneeded threads and dialogs removed and make it fit to the Lecter’s canon.

Emphatic, do you have any other ideas what could be changed or edited? The problem would be with the credits that appear at the beginning of every episode.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5