Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Louie on FX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just finished the 6-part "Elevator" arc. Man oh man CK is at the top of his game here. I'm seriously considering a 95 minute TV-to-Movie edit of "The Elevator" plus a little bit from "Back".

Am I the only guy watching this show?
I've been loving this season too. Was wondering if anyone was considering an edit. I'd totally watch it.
I guess I'm in the minority but as this season has progressed I've started to dislike it. The only saving grace for me has been Charles Grodin, all of his scenes have been genius.
Love the show, quirky and unpredictable. Louis is the likeable loser, but an edgy fraking comedian on stage. Only issue I have is his ex-wife, a poor actress and simply does not fit - not racist, it's more her personality. Hard to believe he ever chose to be with her.
Gatos Wrote:I guess I'm in the minority but as this season has progressed I've started to dislike it.

That's a bummer. What about it do you not like?

Gatos Wrote:The only saving grace for me has been Charles Grodin, all of his scenes have been genius.

Agree that Grodin's been the highlight of pretty much any episode he showed up in.
Neglify Wrote:That's a bummer. What about it do you not like?

I love his stand-up. I really like the first three seasons. This season I liked the first few episodes but the storyline with the Hungarian girlfriend I found boring and repetitive. I liked the idea of the romance and love transcending language and cultural barriers but the cringe worthy awkwardness and off beat humor was missing from The Elevator arc JMO.
I gotcha. I personally really dug the change of pace with The Elevator, and I enjoyed how different it was from the rest of the episodes.
Pamela Part 1, ooh I really didn't dig that episode. I was perfectly happy with abandoning her in Elevator Part 3. I'm interested to see what happens next week in Parts 2 & 3.

Brb watching "In The Woods" now.

Edit: These were pretty... pretty... pretty good. A great coming-of-age story. Sure it got melodramatic and some of it felt like an old after-school special, but I think that was kind of the point.

I love Louis' choice of casting for his mom in the flashbacks, using the actress he was on a date with in Season 1's "Bully" (talk about some Oedipious complex there). And of course, he's already had at least 2 different actresses play his mom before, so it's nice to see him continue his trend of re-casting that role.

Jeremy Renner was damn good as well. Glad to see him take a role like this. And good to see F. Murray Abraham again, interesting that this family member was consistent.
I thought it was a very strong (and long) episode. By the way, it was dedicated to "Phil Hoffman" who was going to play the part of the science teacher (whose name was made Hoffman in honor of him). That made me sad.
Neglify Wrote:And good to see F. Murray Abraham again, interesting that this family member was consistent.

I hate to be that guy. But I think F. Murray Abraham played Louie's uncle in one episode (and also the New Jersey episode he plays the husband of the hot chick who drives Louie back to her place). And then there was a different actor who played his dad for a "flashback" intercut with one of his stand-up bits about pleasuring a woman.

Finished being a douchey McDoucherson
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6