Fanedit Forums

Full Version: The Killing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone been watching this on AMC?

I'm very much looking forward to Sunday night (and have my fingers crossed that they won't f*ck this up!)
I have. Haven't seen last Sunday's episode yet, but the show is pretty good. Dreary, but good. I have a feeling the killer is

The mayor-elects female assistant... can't think of her name
thunderclap Wrote:I have. Haven't seen last Sunday's episode yet, but the show is pretty good. Dreary, but good. I have a feeling the killer is

The mayor-elects female assistant... can't think of her name

Last Sunday's episode was great, especially the last few minutes. This episode kinda redeemed the series from the pointless/filler episode of "Missing" where Linden's son goes AWOL. Also, i totally agree with your hunch. But I only came to that conclusion after watch last Sunday's episode.
Gatos Wrote:Last Sunday's episode was great, especially the last few minutes. This episode kinda redeemed the series from the pointless/filler episode of "Missing" where Linden's son goes AWOL. Also, i totally agree with your hunch. But I only came to that conclusion after watch last Sunday's episode.

Yeah... "Missing" was a strange episode, and really didn't fit in with the overall story, but it did a really nice job fleshing out the characters. Necessary? No. Acceptable? Yes.
What a disappointment!

Here is an interview with the creator/executive producer Veena Sud. Warning: CONTAINS SPOILERS!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/AMC-Killing-...34362.aspx
Gatos Wrote:What a disappointment!

Indeed. The first half was great, but the latter was kinda bleh. And considering the quality of this first season all in all that's quite a blow.
I wasn't disappointed at all, and I loved the twist at the end. Why were you disappointed? You wanted a full resolution? You didn't like that

her partner
turned out to be crooked?
That "betrayal" I can live with, it was just the beat the episode ended on, too much JFK for me. Also, it's still not 100% crystal clear whether or not his motive is good or bad yet, especially since the person in the driver seat was off camera (I loved that part btw).
What I've found amusing is that a lot of people have been complaining about the ending and yet the show did exactly what they wanted it to do, shock you and give you the unexpected.

I'm not defending nor really putting down the ending (personally I was fine with it and when the "betrayal" occurred, I was like OH NO!), but I've read some many posts on IMDB that people aren't going to watch anymore because of the ending and the show moves too slow (really?) and it rains too much.

I love the show because it is different. I like that the season didn't end with a neatly wrapped bow. Do I want to see different cases in the future, definitely, but I doubt it will be as compelling as the first big case we've been introduced to.

The show comes off as very realistic to me. Don't read this wrong, but the fact that no one in this show is attractive and wearing expensive clothes just gives it more of a gritty realism. No hot blonde in a low cut shirt driving around town in a flashy new Camaro using her sex appeal to get answers. Linden wears ugly sweaters, her hair is a mess, she looks tired and worn out (personally I don't find her remotely attractive at all), she cowers down when she is being yelled at by a superior, it feels way more realistic.

Sometimes I think people complain about this show because it goes for more gritty realism than most other shows. It ain't Twin Peaks, and for some reason people still make that comparison because of the one thing they have in common, a murdered girl whom no one REALLY knew. Maybe if The Killing added in a dancing dwarf the haters would be happy.

Thanks for reading the rant.....
This article is pretty funny, from someone who was pissed about the finale. (INCLUDES SPOILERS)

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6680...rst-degree
Pages: 1 2