Fanedit Forums

Full Version: The Walking Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I found FEAR to be utterly boring, filled with uninteresting or unsympathetic characters... too bad, as I thought exploring the origins of the zombie apocalypse could be fascinating but by keeping the focus on just regular civilians reacting to the world, it felt like a bad carbon copy.

However, still loving Walking Dead. Season Six has been very enjoyable for me. The second half opener was mind-blowing for me, in the span of a couple of minutes Rick's latest paramour and family is wiped out and then what happens to poor Carl!

Anyway, found this video was interesting in regards to the Dead Timeline and possible world population...

Fuck that finale. What a letdown after so much great build-up.
(04-04-2016, 06:49 AM)Aztek463 Wrote: [ -> ]

Fuck that finale. What a letdown after so much great build-up.

My 2 favorite quotes from reddit users:

"AMC, next time please loan me some liptstick so I can look pretty the next time you fuck me!"

and, my favorite:

"I know who got hit with the bat!  It was US, the viewers, to symbolize getting fucked by AMC!  I'm just not taking it like a champ."

I will say this, Jeffery Dean Morgan's insanely scary monologue, with my heart pounding with each word coming out of his mouth, was cheapened by the gimmick AMC allowed Gimple to do.  While I'm not a reader of the comics, I know very well that this was to be one of the most iconic moments in the show and that this would change everything, but like the very obvious Glenn fake out from earlier in the season, this was a lame attempt to add shock to a show that packs it in on its own without needing to go down to that level.
We'll see if they redeem themselves tonight or not. I am looking forward to it. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was really good, though I didn't find the uncensored version much of an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i used to dig this show. i've given up, now that it's on a predictable rinse/repeat cycle, i.e., fight living baddies, find new place, try to fit in, fight living baddies, etc.

i wonder if they're upping the cruelty factor to keep things interesting. that trough scene a few seasons ago had me squirming in my couch.
Negan is a pretty sadistic bastard in the comics. They amped it up a bit, but that was pretty true to source. That was the only thing true to the source last night. The whole episode I was thinking about how to edit it.

(10-24-2016, 03:53 AM)Aztek463 Wrote: [ -> ]Negan is a pretty sadistic bastard in the comics. They amped it up a bit, but that was pretty true to source. That was the only thing true to the source last night. The whole episode I was thinking about how to edit it.

Negan is the most interesting character in the comics because you can never tell "is he crazy?" or "is he acting crazy to keep control?" I feel the best parts of Negan are yet to come.
Could very well be the case. But after they continued to milk the cliffhanger for a third of the show and after two commercial breaks, my interest in the show is pretty much gone now.

As someone who has never read the comic, I found the episode to be excellent.  It was so incredibly tense, it left me mentally and emotionally exhausted by the end lol.
(10-24-2016, 05:24 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]As someone who has never read the comic, I found the episode to be excellent.  It was so incredibly tense, it left me mentally and emotionally exhausted by the end lol.

I'm not a reader of TWD comics either, but I knew of the inevitable

Glenn
death.  That being said, the time spent following the awful cliffhanger caused my wife and I to pretty much accept every members death at the hands of Lucille and while the inital moments of seeing who was selected to meet their end was still unsettling, we found ourselves basically over it and ready to move on by the end of the episode as opposed to it sitting with us for days.  In fact, since the episode aired, we haven't spoken about other than to acknowledge that we're just glad their whole game of "who shot JR" was done and we can get back to the show's story.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21