Fanedit Forums

Full Version: The Walking Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
^ Hilarious :lol:

There it is. Looks like they're going to have more CGI effects. And more action in overall.
I really liked the first episode of the new season, but it would have made so much more sense to make it the final episode of last season. It would have helped to redeem what I thought was a very weak set of episodes leading up to it.
Adabisi Wrote:I really liked the first episode of the new season, but it would have made so much more sense to make it the final episode of last season. It would have helped to redeem what I thought was a very weak set of episodes leading up to it.

Totally agree. And hell, episode 2 was more like a season opener.
I often wonder if things like that have to do with the showrunners and the revolving door this show has with them. The Governor storyline should have been wrapped up at the end of season 3, but instead they brought him back for a 2 episode crazy mid-season finale to finish it up. Then the second half of season 4 was this excruciatingly slow build towards Terminus. Now, within 2 episodes, that whole Terminus story is done with. Strange. I love how this season is going and it's nice to FINALLY see Rick as a badass.
So the first half of season 5 is now complete.... any thoughts?

The story pacing this season has been significantly faster-paced compared to last, which I appreciate over all.

Rick is definitely walking the line of the Dark Side. Will the loss of Beth push him over?

The twist in the Washington DC plot, did not entirely surprise me (I have never read the comic), though it was nice to feel the series/characters had a long term goal/objective.

It also brought up an interesting point that I read on another site, based on the size of Carl and the baby, these guys have been wandering around in the zombie infested wilderness for at least 2 years, and yet they are still only a couple of hours away from Georgia? Though based on Morgan finding the map, and all the talk that Washington DC may be the only place with the infrastructure to survive the apocalypse, will this become the new quest for the group?
Now that is how to end a season!

I really loved this past year, even though it was loaded with heartbreak. The death of Tyrese stunned and numbed me. It hit me so hard I actually contemplated not watching the show any more. And Noah's death had to be the most horrific onscreen death in the history of the show. Every character I loved has bought the farm. And tonight, when Glen told Maggie he loved her and then went over the wall, I screamed, "Nooooooooo!"....lol. Those writers are very sneaky... lol

But I loved how this season really took everyone to the brink (and some beyond ) but in the end, their love and belief in each other saved them. The last 15 minutes was truly powerful and heartwarming. Well... until the whole wife beater with the sword showed up... holy crap!

Not sure I really understand the whole Wolves thing... maybe someone can explain it to me. Is it from the comics? Are they like a crazy cult thing? The guy's explanation to Morgan really did not make any sense to me.

But regardless, I found season five to be outstanding.
About halfway thru the pilot of Fear TWD, and I find it a bit boring. It's merely ok, but just doesn't pull me in the way the first episode of TWD did.
I've only seen the first episode of Fear The Walking Dead at this point and the wife and I didn't like it at all. None of the characters were likeable and the plot moved slower than an actual walker. We're giving it one more ep before we pull the plug.

As as for the actual The Walking Dead, I'm giving it one more season before I jump ship. I'm tired of how slow and repetitive this show gets and most things feel like filler rather than having any real point. I was happy when they got to Alexandria, but their actions there (Rick and Carol) pissed me off sooooo much.
musiced921 Wrote:As as for the actual The Walking Dead, I'm giving it one more season before I jump ship. I'm tired of how slow and repetitive this show gets and most things feel like filler rather than having any real point. I was happy when they got to Alexandria, but their actions there (Rick and Carol) pissed me off sooooo much.
Yup same. I haven't even bothered with Fear yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21