Fanedit Forums

Full Version: The Walking Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
bionicbob Wrote:Carl's conversation with Rick scared the crap out of me.
I don't know what scared me more, that these words were coming out of Carl's mouth or that it made perfect, logical sense the way he said it.

Totally. That was very well done.
ComicCon Season Four trailer...

WOW! I am both EXHILARATED and EXHAUSTED after only 4 minutes! I LOVE this show!!!
"The uploader has not made this available in your country." :-(
*** This post contains spoilers ***

[FONT=Verdana]Now that season 4 has premiered, what did everyone think of [/FONT]The Walking Dead?[FONT=Verdana] I felt sort of ho-hum about it. Nothing groundbreaking and nothing really interesting happened. It felt like almost every scene was a setup for two characters to talk about something and that was it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Not sure what's going on with the kid at the end. Was he turning and that's why he collapsed? Or was he really sick, hit his head and died and then turned? And, with the dying pig, are they going to introduce animal zombies now, or is it just symbolism?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I know a show is losing me when I start multitasking and doing other things like reading the news, or browsing the web which I did with this episode. I hope it picks up next episode.[/FONT]
Yeah, I don't know. I was really hoping this would be a turn around from the last two seasons because of the new show runner, and in some ways it is, but it's still not quite where it needs to be. It definitely still has the potential to be great so I'll see, this episode was mostly set up so I hope things get better as we go along.
Think about Carl's conversation with Rick about the dying pig.

Now think about how Patrick (the kid) took over cooking for Carol.

Now think about how Patrick became ill and died.

What's next week's episode title? INFECTION.

I think the lack of modern medicine will finally take its toll on these survivors as some sort of other bacterial infection will begin making its way around. I think Patrick taking over the cooking duties in the premiere ended up being a bullet that Carol dodged and Patrick's zombie may be something worse than the usual walkers. This one is carrying some new disease/infection. Who knows? Just some speculation.
the big box action sequence felt like cheap filler.

iirc, the helicopter on the roof was horribly mangled, implying a nasty crash. . . yet the roof endured for all that time? a sturdy skyscraper is one thing, but a retail box with a flat, thin roof is a whole nuther cookie.

also, the rooftop zombonauts would have thrown themselves over the edge long ago if they smelled a live meal sauntering by.
musiced921 Wrote:Think about Carl's conversation with Rick about the dying pig.

Now think about how Patrick (the kid) took over cooking for Carol.

Now think about how Patrick became ill and died.

What's next week's episode title? INFECTION.

I think the lack of modern medicine will finally take its toll on these survivors as some sort of other bacterial infection will begin making its way around. I think Patrick taking over the cooking duties in the premiere ended up being a bullet that Carol dodged and Patrick's zombie may be something worse than the usual walkers. This one is carrying some new disease/infection. Who knows? Just some speculation.

Interesting thoughts. Definitely seems clear the kid died of some other bacterial infection and then rose zombie style as all dead people do now, but I hadn't considered the possibility of some mutated super zombie breed. That might come off as a little cheesy. More likely they will just have an epidemic that will thin the human herd a bit.
At some point it might be interesting to have a storyline where they come upon some little science group who are allegedly close to a cure, so the group supports and protects the scientists at great cost, but then in the end the cure winds up kinda backfiring and only half curing the people. These people become a kind of hybrid zombie like the ones in I Am Legend where they retain some limited cognitive ability.
geminigod Wrote:At some point it might be interesting to have a storyline where they come upon some little science group who are allegedly close to a cure, so the group supports and protects the scientists at great cost, but then in the end the cure winds up kinda backfiring and only half curing the people. These people become a kind of hybrid zombie like the ones in I Am Legend where they retain some limited cognitive ability.

sounds like a set-up for a human/partial-zombie romance.

[Image: original.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21