Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen Justice League only once and though it is a terrible movie, I remembered how much I enjoyed Ezra Miller's Flash. Maybe I could give it a rewatch sometime just for that.
I really want animated movies of Superman Lives and Batman Triumphant/Unchained.
The animated movies have dealt with alternate universe stories, and have also dealt with legacy versions of characters. I'm sure Nicholas Cage would love to do them (he was set to play Superman, and I believe also the Scarecrow). They might even be able to get Michael Keaton, he's still acting.
But is there any demand for these stories to see the light of day?
[Image: 726571_v2.jpg]

[Image: 726569_v2.jpg]

--------------------------------------------------------

I don't see how either a white Welsh actor playing a white Spanish character in Spanish-ruled Mexico or a white Spanish actor playing a character who could very plausibly also have been of white Spanish parentage is whitewashing, but I otherwise fully approve of this hearty endorsement of one of my favorite films:

(And while I could offer a very limited defense of The Legend of Zorro, I'm just as happy to see it cheerfully ignored. Tongue)
So I just learned they made a SECOND Black Christmas remake.

Hollywood is a flacid, impotent joke.
My kids are watching the truly terrible Home Alone 3 and I’m barely paying attention. But I just looked up and noticed that the sister is played by a very young Scarlett Johansson.
You know sometimes I feel like I get influenced by other people’s opinions too much and am still unable to form my own opinions.

Then I am reminded of how much I unironically love The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and everyone else is wrong and no one can ever change my mind Big Grin

And yes I’m feeling like this because of Nostalgia Critic’s new review
(04-01-2020, 06:52 PM)Masirimso17 Wrote: [ -> ]Nostalgia Critic’s new review

Is that still a thing?
(04-02-2020, 12:39 AM)Duragizer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2020, 06:52 PM)Masirimso17 Wrote: [ -> ]Nostalgia Critic’s new review

Is that still a thing?

Yeah, guilty pleasure of mine
I went through a phase of watching Nostalgia Critic stuff. Not when it was new. At some point it started to bug me and I stopped. I wasn't sure what bugged me though until I had a kid and started putting on Sesame Street.

The Nostalgia Critic is a Grover impression.

(04-02-2020, 08:27 AM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]I went through a phase of watching Nostalgia Critic stuff. Not when it was new. At some point it started to bug me and I stopped. I wasn't sure what bugged me though until I had a kid and started putting on Sesame Street.

The Nostalgia Critic is a Grover impression.

LOL that is uncanny! I still enjoy his stuff, old and new (comedy is subjective) plus he sometimes points out some good criticism. I know people don't like his stuff anymore, but I dunno