Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-07-2019, 08:36 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2019, 01:45 AM)Duragizer Wrote: [ -> ]Bride of Frankenstein was the movie that convinced me B&W photography/cinematography had artistic merit and wasn't simply a symptom of outmoded technology.

Could you elaborate on this?

Growing up, I didn't hate B&W movies or refuse to watch them, but I still found them primitive, flawed creations borne of technological/budgetary constraints. It wasn't until 2005/06, when I started regarding film in general as art and not just entertainment, that I started noticing the aesthetics of B&W film. I watched Bride for the first time during that period, and it really drove home that there are effects you can achieve with light and shadow and contrast which can only be perfectly executed through B&W.
It's about time you were right about something.
not sure if it's so unusual for someone to like the PT. don't find someone difficult to take seriously just because they love it. i love it and you all take me seriously Big Grin
(06-07-2019, 11:02 PM)Collipso Wrote: [ -> ]you all take me seriously Big Grin

lol since when?
on another note Into the Spiderverse is the best superhero movie. screw Superman.
(06-07-2019, 10:48 PM)Possessed Wrote: [ -> ]It's about time you were right about something.

Careful. We don't want to give dahmage the right idea.
Just wait until you hear what dahmage thinks we should do to people who love the pt. But sh we must not speak here there are some among us.
I think I’d rather watch Insurrection 100 times than see what Quentin Tarantino wants to do with Star Trek.
He's a good film maker, but star trek is not compatible with his style methinks.
He also nearly killed Uma Thurman and actively covered for Weinstein for years.