Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it's the boots.
(06-03-2019, 03:19 PM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you dislike about it?

Roughly, in order of appearance:

• Brando's comatose performance as Jor-El.
  • Jor-El's insipid dialogue.
  • The framing and pacing of the Krypton scenes in general.
  • The pretentious, incongruous Christ allusions.
  • That Clark had to spend 12 years getting brainwashed by the ghost of Jor-El in order to become Superman.
  • Kidder's Lois. Frankly, I don't find her beautiful enough to play Lois Lane, and she lacks the charisma to compensate.
  • Reeve's Klutz Kent.
  • Hackman's Luthor, Otis, et al.
  • The Lois/Superman romance, which I find inauthentic and unconvincing.
  • The dumbshit "turning back time" ending.

Quote:What is your favorite portrayal of Superman in film or television?

Bud Collyer is my favourite Superman. Dean Cain is my favourite Clark.

Quote:What do you think of the sequels?

• Superman II has Zod & co. and the diner scenes, which I adore. That's about all I like from the film.
  • Superman III is slightly underrated. Annette O'Toole's Lana is a far better love interest than Kidder's Lois, and the "Clark vs. Evil Superman" fight is perfection. It's still a mostly shit movie, though.
  • Superman IV is cheap trash and rightly regarded as such.
  • Superman Returns is an uninspired rehash made by a hack.
(06-03-2019, 09:47 AM)TVs Mountbatten-Windsor Wrote: [ -> ]Batman Returns is the best superhero movie because it's not actually a superhero movie, it's a Tim Burton movie.  Kinda like how Die Hard is the best Christmas movie.

Batman Returns is also a christmas movie Big Grin
(06-03-2019, 09:47 AM)TVs Mountbatten-Windsor Wrote: [ -> ]Batman Returns is the best superhero movie because it's not actually a superhero movie, it's a Tim Burton movie.

Sounds like someone's in denial.
(06-03-2019, 04:27 PM)Duragizer Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2019, 09:47 AM)TVs Mountbatten-Windsor Wrote: [ -> ]Batman Returns is the best superhero movie because it's not actually a superhero movie, it's a Tim Burton movie.

About?
(06-03-2019, 04:30 PM)TVs Mountbatten-Windsor Wrote: [ -> ]

Aboot?

WDWHS

About?

Returns being a superhero movie, which it objectively, empirically, verifiably is.
(06-03-2019, 04:31 PM)Duragizer Wrote: [ -> ]

About?

Returns being a superhero movie, which it objectively, empirically, verifiably is.

LOL HUMANS TALKING ABOUT OBJECTIVITY
I don't think ghouls count as human.
I DONT THINK HUMANS COUNT AS HUMANS

I MEAN COMMA I WOULD FEEL BAD FOR THEM IF THEY DID