Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-03-2019, 10:40 AM)Possessed Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2019, 07:18 AM)suspiciouscoffee Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2019, 01:57 AM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.

I think Raimi Spider-Films (and Into the Spider-Verse, for that matter) are about as sincere and show good understanding of superheroism, though I agree that Superman is still the greatest.

The first two Ram Saimi spider-men are that good good,  son.

And the third is still that okay okay, imo
Are you trying to fit in with the people around here admitting they like attack of the clones?
(06-03-2019, 01:57 AM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.

Nothing against Superman, but to say none of the MCU films is sincere is misinformed. Sure they're corporate products, but the people making them always at least try to put some heart in, and sometimes it's successful. 

The Guardians of the Galaxy films have some of the most sincere feels of any superhero movie.
(06-03-2019, 12:44 PM)Possessed Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to fit in with the person around here admitting they like attack of the clones?

WYSHS
I can think of at least two off the top of my head. Unless you're making the point that isn't real,  which is a valid viewpoint.
I love Spider-Man 3, but I admit that it's bad. I just have fun with it.
(06-03-2019, 02:13 PM)Possessed Wrote: [ -> ]I can think of at least two off the top of my head. Unless you're making the point that isn't real,  which is a valid viewpoint.

I just fear that if I let myself admit that there are multiple people here that claim to like it, I'd cease to exist.
Entirely fair.
I'll soon watch Batman Forever before I ever watch Superman: The Motion Picture again. And that's not me being hyperbolic; that's how strongly I dislike the Reeve picture.
I think we have a problem with Duragizer.
No, but seriously, that's quite the opinion. What do you dislike about it? What is your favorite portrayal of Superman in film or television? Do you dislike it because of Reeve? What do you think of the sequels?