Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-02-2019, 09:09 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]The original 1978 Superman is still the best superhero movie ever.

I don't believe you! It's another trick!
(06-02-2019, 09:09 PM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]The original 1978 Superman is still the best superhero movie ever.

It pales in comparison to the least of the MCU (which would be Captain Marvel). Not to mention many Smallville S1-3 eps. IMHO. Tongue
It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.
I 100% agree with Handman, about Superman the Movie being the best superhero movie. I absolutely love it. Still need to watch the extended version though.
The original movie holds up perfectly in almost every respect, and Christopher Reeve is my Superman. That being said, I still love Henry Cavill's portrayal.
(06-03-2019, 01:57 AM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.

I think Raimi Spider-Films (and Into the Spider-Verse, for that matter) are about as sincere and show good understanding of superheroism, though I agree that Superman is still the greatest.
None of those Spidey films are in the MCU, I agree they get close to it as well.
(06-03-2019, 07:30 AM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]None of those Spidey films are in the MCU, I agree they get close to it as well.

I know that.  The first part of the post was “it’s the only superhero film that gets what a superhero should be” so I was mostly replying to that, though I realize that the sincerity comment was only to MCU movies and thus my reply wasn’t applicable to that.
Smallville?  Lol.
Batman Returns is the best superhero movie because it's not actually a superhero movie, it's a Tim Burton movie.  Kinda like how Die Hard is the best Christmas movie.
(06-03-2019, 07:18 AM)suspiciouscoffee Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2019, 01:57 AM)Handman Wrote: [ -> ]It's the only superhero film that really gets what a superhero should be.  Unlike any of the MCU films, it's sincere.  I can tell it was made by people who genuinely loved the source material.

I think Raimi Spider-Films (and Into the Spider-Verse, for that matter) are about as sincere and show good understanding of superheroism, though I agree that Superman is still the greatest.

The first two Ram Saimi spider-men are that good good,  son.