Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What if, when the Fantastic Four come to the MCU, they skip ahead to The New Fantastic Four?

[Image: c38445aa9154e0701fa533fc897a2685.jpg]
My (unpopular) Avengers movie ranking:

1. Avengers
2. Infinity War
3. Age of Ultron
4. Endgame 

I like a good mix of action and character/plot development to keep the movie interesting and moving along, but Endgame was very heavy on the front end with character/plot development, and very light on action. In other words, it felt very slow for most of the movie and then exploded in the final third. I still very much enjoyed the movie, but I’m simply comparing it to the other Avengers movies.
Just discovered the BFI Channel on amazon prime.

If anyone fancies binging some classic cinema then they do a week free trial. Lots of Kurosawa on there too.
(05-03-2019, 03:38 AM)The Scribbling Man Wrote: [ -> ]Just discovered the BFI Channel on amazon prime.

If anyone fancies binging some classic cinema then they do a week free trial. Lots of Kurosawa on there too.

Yeah it's a great bolt on but it's got a few down sides. You can't download anything to your devices, sometimes the transfers aren't as good as they could be and occasionally the films are at the wrong aspect-ratio (at least one Kurosawa for example). Using the PC desktop app seemed to be the only way to correct the AR issue. Still it's mostly packed with HD classic cinema.
I didn't really like Return of The Jedi last time I watched it, but having just Re-watched ESB, I feel a need to revisit it. 

I don't have my VHS copy to hand, I don't think I can bear to watch the George Lucas Special Edition, and Adywans Revisited version probably won't be out till I'm 40.

Any suggestions on what version I should watch in the meantime?
(05-08-2019, 06:13 PM)The Scribbling Man Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestions on what version I should watch in the meantime?

If Q2's fanedit is available I'd suggest that. Or if you're absolutely against seeing anything S.E. you should go with Harmy's Despecialized version.
4k83, I've been meaning to watch. Should be the best version to watch theoretically.
(05-08-2019, 06:13 PM)The Scribbling Man Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't really like Return of The Jedi last time I watched it, but having just Re-watched ESB, I feel a need to revisit it.

I felt that sensation once. I burnt an Ewok effigy until it went away.
Has anyone here seen Intolerance, the 1916 silent film? Is it good? I want to watch it for its historical value, but I also don't want to be in for the longest three hours of my life.
(05-13-2019, 07:38 PM)MovieFreakedMind Wrote: [ -> ]Intolerance

My review:

Quote:Long story short: I didn't love it but I recognize it's a great piece of cinema history.

I'm not big into silent films. I think the only feature-length silent movie I've given 5 stars to has been Nosferatu. This was a test of endurance. The inter-titles cards looked ugly to me and started giving me a headache. But, it's amazing what D.W. Griffith was able to do 100 years ago and it's clear to me how he shaped a lot of modern movies in terms of story-telling and techniques.

4 out of 5 stars

I'm sure TM2YC has more positive things to say about it.