Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does Nightmare Before Christmas really classify as his film though? I thought he only produced it and came up with the basic idea?
I don't know, but I still agree with you.
(01-21-2019, 10:22 AM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: [ -> ]Does Nightmare Before Christmas really classify as his film though? I thought he only produced it and came up with the basic idea?
I don't know, but I still agree with you.

Yeah Burton was nearly not involved at all. Wrote a poem, drew two characters, then handed off to Henry Selick, who made the film while Burton directed Batman Returns. Selick later worked on Coraline with Neil Gaiman and was one of the people behind Laika studios (though I don't think he's with Laika anymore).

It's there's one thing I've learned to give Burton credit for, it's finding hard working people who output great material and letting them do their jobs.
In ‘The Sound of Music’ I’ve never liked the fact that the von Trapp family got to sing twice at the competition. I feel it gave them an unfair advantage whilst the judges were deciding.
On This Day January 23, 2009 at the Eccles Theatre in Park City, Utah MOON premiered at the Sundance Film Festival!

TEN YEARS!

Happy Birthday MOON

[Image: 69CJ.gif]
When original (non sequel) large-scale Sci-Fi films go down, they go down hard:

2015 Jupiter Ascending (lost $92-127m)
2015 Tomorrowland (lost as much as $160m)
2017 Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (lost around $80m)
2017 Ghost in the Shell (estimated losses of $60m)
2018 Mortal Engines (lost as much as $150m)
2019 Alita: Battle Angel ?

I can't speak for 'Jupiter Ascending' or the new 'Alita: Battle Angel' (yet) but the others were all movies I liked. Here's hoping studios continue to not learn their lesson and keep making these wonderful crazy visions! Smile
IMO Jupiter Ascending is a mess, but a ton of fun and sincerely wears its heart on its sleeve.
Great, now I have to buy a USB keyboard via One-Day Shipping because I saw the title Tomorrowland and threw up all over my own laptop. Tongue
Why have I not heard of this 2014 homage/spoof of Gerry Anderson style 70s Sci-Fi?

I watched this random scene and was cracking up at the dead-pan awkwardness:

This is going on the watch list for sure.
That led me to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Pancake

which led me to this:

[Image: latest?cb=20120209064325]
^ Oh that actor. What a c**t.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]