Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Same here or Shanghai Noon, only seen the first Rush Hour as well. Think I need a Jackie Chan binge as they all seem like decent enough action comedies. Incidentally I thought Chan's netflix offering The Foreigner was a great more mature role for him.
Did y'all ever see my movie? "Sean's High Nights." I'd give it a 5/7.
My interest in 'The Mule' just mada me evaluate how many Eastwood films I've seen at the cinema and I realised I've only seen three! City Heat, Unforgiven and In the LIne of Fire. Maybe we will see a 50th anniversary showing of Dirty Harry in a couple of years time.. I'll be 50 too...
Watched Dracula '31 last night. Thought perhaps my opinion on the movie might've changed in the five years or so since I watched it last, but nope; I still find it a painfully glacial, grossly overrated bore. Dwight Frye and the Castle Dracula/Carfax Abbey sets are the only aspects I like about it.
That's funny, I went into Dracula expecting it to be painfully boring, but quite enjoyed it.

In other movie news, my birthday is on Friday, and I was given a shirt of Frank from Blue Velvet as an early gift from my father. I was thoroughly amused, surprised, and excited to wear it. It's in blue and red with the word FRANK at the bottom, apparently in the style of some Obama poster.
[Image: 6842_3.jpg]

I can't believe this is what passes for an HD release of the Fleischer Superman cartoons. This is a travesty and an insult.
(12-16-2018, 10:01 PM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: [ -> ]In other movie news, my birthday is on Friday

Happy birthday, man
(12-21-2018, 09:38 AM)thecuddlyninja Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2018, 10:01 PM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: [ -> ]In other movie news, my birthday is on Friday

Happy birthday, man

I'm not sure if this clip should be allowed here, it's a bit much, I'd suggest a NSFW tag. 

Ahem, THANK YOU!
So far it's a good day. And I'm wearing my Frank shirt for the first time.
Ah, nothing like a good, absolutely savage film review, this one courtesy of The AV Club's A. A. Dowd:

The Keanu Reeves sci-fi movie Replicas is so terrible it could give you an existential crisis
I think Tim Burton's style works better in animation than live action. Vincent, The Nightmare Before Christmas, the 2012 version of Frankenweenie — adored them all. But aside from Pee-wee's Big Adventure, I've found his live action work a mixed bag.