Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-17-2018, 05:30 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]You are in luck! 2000ad have just put up the first Rogue Trooper story to download and keep for free, with no DRM or nothing (click link on the following page to get the *.pdf):

http://2000ad.com/post/3779

^ With amazing artwork by Dave Gibbons of 'Watchman' fame. Also includes some other really good short stories from later in the run. Smile

You're amazing. Downloaded and read, that was cool.  Looking forward to the film even more now and looking to get more of the series.
NSFW language.

Big Grin
Sure, the ending to Return of the King, where the Elves and others leave for the Grey Havens, is pretty touching, and the Annie Lennox song is pretty decent. But, just imagine if Jackson had incorporated this track:

(08-11-2018, 01:22 PM)Gaith Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, the ending to Return of the King, where the Elves and others leave for the Grey Havens, is pretty touching, and the Annie Lennox song is pretty decent. But, just imagine if Jackson had incorporated this track:

[Image: artworks-000158672079-0gbvsi-t500x500.jpg]

PSB are my jam.
Let us, one and all, gather around the YouTube fire and take a moment to remember one of the biggest movies about the American Revolution ever made, starring Mr. Pacino himself, and which has been almost completely forgotten:

So I'm watching 1997's L.A. Confidential on Netflix, and one of the movie's/Spacey's first lines is

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

Which... yeah. Anyhow, still a very good movie.
It's not often I find myself imagining potential sequels to standalone films, however, now I'm thinking of all the possibilities for a 'The Social Network' sequel.

The original only covers Facebook's foundation and rise, we never see it become the monster it is today. Jesse Eisenberg testifying before the senate would be an incredible watch.
Unfortunately, the Young Turks-related YouTube channel What the Flick?! has been canceled, replaced by a podcast I don't intend on following. The show/channel wasn't perfect, and they were often concerned with being PC to a fault, but Christy Lemire was always a delight, I was always interested to hear what Alonso Duralde had to say, and Ben Mankiewicz is just plain awesome. I, for one, will miss their voice.

[Image: 001.jpg]
(08-31-2018, 04:44 PM)Gaith Wrote: [ -> ]They were often concerned with being PC to a fault

A show run by "The Young Turks", a channel named after the perpetrators of genocide, don't exactly strike me as "PC to a fault".
I earned a Masters at SJWU, and I'll have you know I find this very un-PC. Wink
I have zero idea how this thought came to cross my mind, but: I never did see Shanghai Knights.

[Image: 51DJF8GBxfL._SY445_.jpg]