Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000242/
Mark Wahlberg's IMDB no longer lists him as producer or star of his Bionic Man remake THE SIX BILLION DOLLAR MAN.

[Image: bc03e4566745d221bf2da32df48a9874.gif]

Hope it is true.  While I would love to see the SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN return either in a movie or series, Wahlberg is no Colonel Steve Austin.  Tongue
(02-10-2017, 07:36 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]Wahlberg is no Colonel Steve Austin.  Tongue

In most movies Wahlberg is no Wahlberg.
It could be worse. What if actual Steve Austin, wrestler (maybe former wrestler? Idk), played fictional Steve Austin in the inevitable reboot? 

I mean, Dave Bautista is great in Guardians of the Galaxy and The Rock keeps getting roles, it's not that crazy. But it is a terrible idea.  Smile
The Eurodance scene is still waiting for a Marky Mark comeback  Big Grin
Random movie thought: 10 Cloverfield Lane, which I watched part of last night, might have had the wrong aspect ratio (2.35:1). A 16:9 or even Academy (4:3) frame could have been significantly more effective at conveying the claustrophobia of the bunker. Does the blockbuster-wide frame improperly telegraph the big reveal?

Anyhow, an interesting Kermode rundown of his top five Academy ratio movies of the new millennium. No love for The Good German or The Artist, though the latter at least gets a mention. No mention of Son of Saul, either.

(03-06-2017, 03:24 PM)Gaith Wrote: [ -> ]Random movie thought: 10 Cloverfield Lane, which I watched part of last night, might have had the wrong aspect ratio (2.35:1). A 16:9 or even Academy (4:3) frame could have been significantly more effective at conveying the claustrophobia of the bunker. Does the blockbuster-wide frame improperly telegraph the big reveal?

I don't understand any of this.  A narrower field on a TV should make things feel more constrained, not less, and further I don't see how the aspect ratio would telegraph the reveal at all.
(02-10-2017, 07:40 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2017, 07:36 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]Wahlberg is no Colonel Steve Austin.  Tongue

In most movies Wahlberg is no Wahlberg.

[Image: giphy.gif]
F This Movie! blogger Adam Riske has had some... colorful cinema-centric dates. He's a bit of a character. A fun read:

Riske Business: Date Night at the Movies
Has anyone done a The Shining fan edit? All I'd want is the skeletons scene removed. But that scene does need to go.
(03-15-2017, 12:33 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone done a The Shining fan edit? All I'd want is the skeletons scene removed. But that scene does need to go.

You can search ifdb. There are 2 or 3. None are a simple fanfix like you want though.