Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was watching the latest RLM re:View on 'Dawn of the Dead' last night...

...and they open by saying it's out of print worldwide?!? I thought they were joking at first, it turns out they weren't. The Blu-rays are going for stupid prices now on Amazon and eBay. I've had the "Director's Cut" on PAL-DVD for years but never got round to an HD upgrade Sad .

The 3-disc Arrow release is now £40-50 but then I noticed this Italy-only 6-disc release from Nicolas Winding Refn is coming out in November and is also about £40-50...

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/193949/...ase-italy/

http://www.midnightfactory.it/film/zombi...-dead#info

I've just pre-ordered a copy. I'm probably most looking forward to the full-frame European cut on blu-ray#3. As far as I know this is the first time that it's been released in HD at all and now it's coming in two aspect-ratios!
Be almost quicker to simply watch the '78 instead of listening to this duo.
Big guys sounds bored to death - or he's sippin' syrup between takes.
Dear Britons,

You've been limiting Dakota Blue Richards to pretty much only British Isles releases ever since The Golden Compass. What gives? Unless her performance there was a fluke, or she's suffered a severe loss of talent, she ought to have landed at least a choice artsy or mainstream role by now. Are a background cop and a pallid 50 Shades of Grey satire (that appears even milder than said target) really the best you can offer her?!

(Actually, everyone in that movie looks over-qualified, down to the extras.)

NB. I've been curious to see more of her acting since before she started to look like this, but especially now that she does, how is she not the next international film It Girl?!
(10-26-2016, 04:18 PM)Vultural Wrote: [ -> ]Be almost quicker to simply watch the '78 instead of listening to this duo.
Big guys sounds bored to death - or he's sippin' syrup between takes.

Is this your first time seeing or hearing of these guys? They're part of the YouTube channel RedLetterMedia, and the guy on the right, Mike, is one of the main guys in the group. He did the famous (here, anyway) Mr. Plinkett's Star Wars reviews. Their schtick is that they're a YouTube channel that talks about movies but they're all somewhat sick of movies and have grown cynical toward them. How much of that is an act and how much is real is blurry. 
Anyway, they've definitely got a type of humor; I love it, but my wife does not.
and i think the RLM guys really do drink during the show. possibly even between takes, as you suggest.

[Image: o7f9PIL.jpg]
ssj Wrote:and i think the RLM guys really do drink during the show. possibly even between takes, as you suggest.

except for Rich, whom i can do without.  i don't think he drinks at all.
(10-26-2016, 11:58 PM)baileym43 Wrote: [ -> ]Rich, whom i can do without

[Image: tumblr_lx3u23Jnkx1qmsrsj.gif]

Do without this...?

1) that reaction gif makes me chuckle.
2) i don't mind him doing characters and obvious bits, but when he starts laughing . . . . . [seething trail off]
(10-26-2016, 08:45 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]Is this your first time seeing or hearing of these guys? They're part of the YouTube channel RedLetterMedia . . .

Yes, you are correct.  I watch less and less videos nowadays.
Drain too much time.
I did not stick around long enough to realize it was schtick.
(10-29-2016, 05:05 PM)Vultural Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2016, 08:45 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]Is this your first time seeing or hearing of these guys? They're part of the YouTube channel RedLetterMedia . . .

Yes, you are correct.  I watch less and less videos nowadays.
Drain too much time.
I did not stick around long enough to realize it was schtick.

I recommend digging into their channel. Their disgusting flavor of satire is delicious. The TFA review was really lackluster, but some of the other Plinkett reviews are phenomenal. The half-in-the-bag episodes are generally really good.