Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This looks like it's gonna be great...

Hamill and Conroy doing the voices and an extended BatGirl prequel/prologue/intro thingy! Smile (ETA July 2016)
Oh happy day!

Ian McKellen's incredible WWII inspired version of Richard III is finally getting a proper release on Blu-Ray (There was a limited edition run last year which commands steep prices on Amazon/eBay). I saw it on TV back in the late 90s and was blown away. I've been waiting for an HD release to rewatch it.

Only one month to wait and Park Circus/BFI have put together a thrilling new trailer...

Apparently Criterion is starting to release some of their Blu-Rays in the UK (Europe/RegionB) (Read here).

I was in the video store this morning and did a little double-take when I saw two Criterion Blu-Rays on the shelf. Why would they be stocking RegionA discs? I looked on the back and they were both RegionB.

I'd actually been seriously considering ordering Polanski's Macbeth from the US, just the other day and there it was for £18. That's pricey for a UK BR but way cheaper than the £30+ it would have been to import the RegionA disc. I'm looking forward to watching this again in HD having first seen it on VHS in the school video-lab while studying the Scottish play for English class.

The downside is that its only 6 releases to begin with and a shame they didn't just Region-Free the damn things. Still it's good news for film fans in Europe.

(04-28-2016, 06:17 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]Oh happy day!

Ian McKellen's incredible WWII inspired version of Richard III is finally getting a proper release on Blu-Ray (There was a limited edition run last year which commands steep prices on Amazon/eBay). I saw it on TV back in the late 90s and was blown away. I've been waiting for an HD release to rewatch it.

Only one month to wait and Park Circus/BFI have put together a thrilling new trailer...

This is an amazing film that I had completely forgotten about, so glad it's getting an HD release. Gonna have to pick it up.

Also, unrelated and to everyone, saw The Green Room at the Drafthouse over the weekend. Really good if you like intense flicks.
[Image: Alicia-Vikander-Vanity-Fair-Hollywood-Portfolio.jpg]

Not at all sure about this Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft business... sure, she's a first-rate actress who deserves the paycheck, but how will the filmmakers find an even prettier actress to play her love interest?!   Smile
(04-28-2016, 06:17 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]Oh happy day!

Any idea on the extras?
I have this on Laser, but would go for an upgrade.
(05-05-2016, 06:38 PM)Vultural Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea on the extras?

Here is the Amazon.uk page for it. The artwork is there but the extras are "TBC". Hopefully it'll be updated soon.
This might be the greatest movie ever. 

^ Amazing!

Oh yeah I heard about this "Wakaliwood" scene on the news last year (There's a BBC article here). Some serious creativity going on in Uganda with almost zero budget and resources.
^ Reading?! For this subject?! Tongue