Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh wow, 1987's '*Batteries Not Included' debuted on Blu-Ray last Tuesday! (R1 only)

[Image: 91MB0OPqqKL._SX466_.jpg]

I re-watched it on TV last year after James Horner died and nearly bawled my eyes out. One of those films that you fondly remember from being a kid... but then when you re-watch as an adult... and you have to upgrade it to "perfect filmic masterpiece"!

If I can just figure out how to import it at a sensible price...
^^ niiiiice! I love that movie. So glad its on BD now.
TM2YC Wrote:Oh wow, 1987's '*Batteries Not Included' debuted on Blu-Ray last Tuesday! (R1 only)

[Image: 91MB0OPqqKL._SX466_.jpg]

I re-watched it on TV last year after James Horner died and nearly bawled my eyes out. One of those films that you fondly remember from being a kid... but then when you re-watch as an adult... and you have to upgrade it to "perfect filmic masterpiece"!

If I can just figure out how to import it at a sensible price...
You can always have one of us Yanks mail you one. Get a few R1 releases together to keep spread the shipping costs out.

I watched it with my kids recently. At first they were "fuck this shit, it's boring." It didn't take long for them to change their tune. What a classic "kids" movie. We need more like it.
reave Wrote:You can always have one of us Yanks mail you one. Get a few R1 releases together to keep spread the shipping costs out.

Thanks for the offer. I already ordered it direct from Amazon.com and the price was okay (As long as I don't get stung for import duties. Fingers crossed). Import retailers on Amazon.co.uk-marketplace were asking up to £55 ($78) for it?!?

reave Wrote:What a classic "kids" movie. We need more like it.

The score is beautiful. The VisFx are some of the best ever. It also deals with birth, life, death and aging so beautifully. It's a kids movie but with infant-mortality, parental death and senile-dementia ;-). All the characters are flawed and human... even the "badguy".
I remember watching that movie as a kid but is this the one where

The apartment building is on fire, and the old lady thinks the guy is her dead husband and he's trying to get her out of the building. And something about fixing the floor tiles. I have distinct random memories lol
Gatos Wrote:is this the one where

The apartment building is on fire, and the old lady thinks the guy is her dead husband and he's trying to get her out of the building. And something about fixing the floor tiles.

More or less. That would make a nice poster quote/synopsis.
TM2YC Wrote:That would make a nice poster quote/synopsis.

:lol:
TM2YC Wrote:More or less. That would make a nice poster quote/synopsis.

ha! this would make a great poster tagline...

Gatos Wrote:something about fixing the floor tiles.
First teaser for "The Lego Batman Movie" is out.

The movie is released February 10, 2017
The 'Batteries Not Included' BR arrived and looks great! It's Region-Free and has English 5.1 and a pretty decent sounding Stereo French dub. Just an SD trailer on the extras front though.