Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TV's Frink Wrote:I don't get why people expected more blood and gore. It's a Brad Pitt movie!

Plus it's rated PG-13. Kinda tells you what to expect right there. :lol:
I haven't seen it yet, so I am reserving judgement, but I'm disappointed by initial reviews. I don't think gore is necessary, nor did I actually expect it. However, I did expect it to be an actual adaptation of the book, which was phenomenal. It sounds like the only thing they have in common is the title, which is disappointing.
A quick and dirty edit morsel:

Insubstantial but cute:

cameron crowe's almost famous: an older movie, but one of the best movies i've seen this year.
story elements that could have gone into cliched territory did not.
ssj Wrote:cameron crowe's almost famous: an older movie, but one of the best movies i've seen this year.
story elements that could have gone into cliched territory did not.

Love that movie so much. Prefer theatrical over Director's Cut, maybe one day I'll do a "Quick Fix" of it and trim down the DC.
Neglify Wrote:Love that movie so much. Prefer theatrical over Director's Cut, maybe one day I'll do a "Quick Fix" of it and trim down the DC.

I'd watch it, bro. Mix it, DJ, mix it.
raiders of the lost ark: the spike trap in the temple, in particular the trap activated by interruption of light. . . does the trap activate every night?

and the sun's angle changes throughout the year. . . some days there might not be any direct sunlight coming through.

phuck it. it's still a cool scene.
Hah, I never thought about that.
In a D&D world, Indy would have a rogue in his party, or have rogue skills himself -> trap gets disarmed.

Though one could say that similar skills would allow Indy to both notice and avoid the trap--disarming optional.