Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gaith Wrote:For another thread on another board... I made a chart! :-D

[Image: TTT_zps608069c2.jpg]

Ummmmm...AWESOME
Renegade Cut - The 10 Most Insane Direction Decisions by Werner Herzog - a fun little eight-minute video.

This video essayist on TGWTG has some other fun pieces on such subjects as The 10 Most Insane Direction Decisions by Stanley Kubrick, an alternate interpretation of Wes Craven's New Nightmare, and Willy Wonka: Child Murderer. They're not all winners, but many are worth a look.
Gaith Wrote:Renegade Cut - The 10 Most Insane Direction Decisions by Werner Herzog - a fun little eight-minute video.

This video essayist on TGWTG has some other fun pieces on such subjects as The 10 Most Insane Direction Decisions by Stanley Kubrick, an alternate interpretation of Wes Craven's New Nightmare, and Willy Wonka: Child Murderer. They're not all winners, but many are worth a look.

Yeah, 10 Most Insane Direction Decisions by Kubrick is a pretty great one.
I haven't watched it yet, but The Oatmeal's graphic depicting the movie makes me sad:

[Image: wwz.png]
ThrowgnCpr Wrote:I haven't watched it yet, but The Oatmeal's graphic depicting the movie makes me sad:

[Image: wwz.png]

And yet another reason not to go see this.
probably better than all those Fast and Furious movies:

[Image: h8BFFF8F1]
Re: World War Z

Saw it last night. Surprisingly good. Tense, exciting. Good thrills and chills. Some awesome spectacle and tight suspense. Brad Pitt's on autopilot but does a great job anyway. I'm disappointed there was nothing more to it than an action film, but if you go in knowing there won't be anything but awesome adventure, you'll be pleased with what you see. A sequel is in the works already, and I think there's some good groundwork laid down for deeper thematic material, and I really hope they go that route.

As for all the talk of the third act reshoot, if the original ending was what the Internet says it was, then the plan to redo it was a gamble that paid off in spades.
It's the most sterile Zombie film I've ever seen. Aside when Brad cuts his face, there's no blood whatsoever - even when Brad stomps ones head, we only see his upper body. There was some forced tension, but it had a good pace. Not sure I liked the Zombies, they were more like birds in the way they moved/acted. It wasn't good, wasn't bad, but was done better by 28 Days Later. I rather hope an uncut, gory version will come out on DVD.
You see I honestly couldn't care less about gore. I realize it's a zombie movie and all, but I didn't see it to get my bloody undead carnage fix. I watch the Walking Dead, and there's more than enough blood on that show. I kind of like that it was sterile to be honest. Gave it an edge of originality oddly enough.
I don't get why people expected more blood and gore. It's a Brad Pitt movie!