Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:lol: Noted.
Decided to watch Men In Black II tonight, haven't seen since it was in theaters. Holy crap is this is a terrible movie.
It has its moments, but yeah, its mostly crap. I watched MIB3 last night and while its certainly better than MIIB, it's still not as good as MIB. I do have to say Brolin NAILS Tommy Lee Jones as K.
reave Wrote:I watched MIB3 last night and while its certainly better than MIIB, it's still not as good as MIB. I do have to say Brolin NAILS Tommy Lee Jones as K.

Watched it today, really liked it, agree with your viewpoint.
I was pleasantly surprised by MIBIII.

And shocked to discover Jermaine was the baddie.
[Image: Sunshine_1999_poster.jpg]

Accomplished and moving melodrama; Fiennes shines in three unique roles; A-

[Image: 220px-The_Muppet_Movie.jpg]

Sometimes truly inspired and wildly original, sometimes totally flat; B

[Image: Primaryposter.jpg]

Often howlingly funny take on Bubba, greats perfs all around; A-

[Image: Coco_avant_Chanel_poster.jpg]

Interesting and engaging fashion pioneer origin story; B+

[Image: Rare_Exports_official_film_poster.jpg]

Very stylish, at times very sad, muddled ending; B
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer was on TV today. Had nothing better to do at that time.
Movie still sucks donkey farts. Jessica Alba is still a bad actress. Galactus is still a freakin' cloud. Annoying bad humor, bad dialogue and stupid pointless scenes all around. Silver Surfer is nice enough though (compared to Dr. Doom or Galactus). Cool effects with him, and the scene with him getting chased by Torch is pretty nice.
Though still a bad movie, just like i remember it being 5 years ago
g1orkatsos Wrote:Silver Surfer is nice enough though.

Larry Fishburn gets me every time as sSurfer. i hope Larry takes over all voice over jobs after Morgan Freeman hangs up his voice over hat.
Gaith Wrote:[Image: 220px-The_Muppet_Movie.jpg]

Sometimes truly inspired and wildly original, sometimes totally flat; B

:loco:
^ Yep. I like Piggy fine, but her romance with Kermit does absolutely zip for moi. I don't mind the interspecies angle, but I don't think a frog as zen and easygoing as him would be anything but repelled by her manic neuroses. As for her, I don't see her falling for our mild-mannered leader, but rather for a similarly rambunctious, totally grizzled guy. Light bulb: Miss Piggy + Animal. Now that's a winning combination.

Also, I love Gonzo, but his romance with a non-talking animal creeped me out, too. Sure, the chicken was sentient, but as the only non-speaking animal character, that was just a bridge too far.

And the whole villain/toadie aspect was only kinda interesting.

But the music was good, and I appreciated the general zaniness. So, yeah, sticking with a B.