Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hell yeah, just saw it tonight. Highly recommended.

I love the first Major League movie so much. I could rewatch it forever. I watched it a lot during the 2010 baseball season, not so much the last 2 seasons, but rewatching it tonight and still loving every second.
1 is very good, 2 was a shoddy cash in and was pretty much phoned in but I was pleasantly surprised with 3 as it was quite good even though it had very little to do with the first 2 other than it being about baseball.
Yeah 2 is a pretty big disappointment, but there's still a lot of things I love about it. I thought 3 would have been perfect if it wasn't called "Major League". They should have just titled it "Minor League".
One of the best car chases I've seen in some time:

Warning: do NOT see this movie. It is SHITE. Sad

[Image: Seeking_a_Friend_for_the_End_of_the_World_Poster.jpg]

I like 'em both separately, but Carrell + Keira is seriously one of the worst screen couples I've ever seen. They say they're on the East Coast but are obviously shooting in SoCal. There's two mentions of a "CSA space shuttle" - what, did the South actually rise again? And then there's a mind-bogglingly stupid bit in which

They really seem to think that Martin Sheen can fly a Cessna from New Jersey to England. WTF?!? :-?

All the good bits are in the admittedly decent trailer. Can't remember offhand the last time I saw a worse movie. It's right down there with (Terrible) Days of Lameness.

D
I agree. The trailer did look pretty good, but I do want to see this. Has this already come out in the UK? Didn't Willem DaFoe do a film similar to this, but it was in one block of apartments, or am I getting confused with something else?
Dafoe did do a similar movie recently. This was a brand-new arrival to Redbox. And again... don't see it! Or if you do, stop half an hour in. You'll have seen all the best bits by far. ;-)