Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Random movie thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally saw Toy Story 3 this afternoon.... and wept like a total little girl during the last half hour. Cry
An excellent movie and a terrific send-off to this incredible story and its endearing characters.

In other news:
I am quickly becoming a HUGE convert to the Blu-ray format, particularly for animated films (Coraline, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, and Fantastic Mr Fox are absolutely gorgeous on BD) and Criterion Collection releases (seriously, my jaw f*cking dropped to the floor at the video transfer of The Seventh Seal and Yojimbo.... so damn pristine Confusedhock: also put in my pre-order for the Seven Samurai Blu-ray set being released in October).

Watching Tropic Thunder with the commentary track of Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downy Jr (completely in character of the black sergeant Lincoln Osiris and his Australian actor Kirk Lazerus) makes the film even funnier than it already is. (and hearing Downy Jr playing the black Osiris who in turns starts to play a Vietnamese "Chinglish" old woman has to be heard to be believed :lol: )

Oh, and I'm kinda being drag by a friend to go see The Last Airbender tomorrow...
.... pity me, please.... for the love of all that is holy and sacred in this infinite universe.... PITY MEEEEEEE!! :-o
JasonN Wrote:Oh, and I'm kinda being drag by a friend to go see The Last Airbender tomorrow...
.... pity me, please.... for the love of all that is holy and sacred in this infinite universe.... PITY MEEEEEEE!! :-o
When you go in try to pay for a different movie so the production doesn't get another two tickets in its pocket... And if you absolutely have to pay, don't pay for 3-D!
I may do a longer review later (depending on whether or not I'm still pissed as sh*t as I was yesterday), but in a short review:
The Last Airbender = f*cking sh*t :x

Coincidently, I also saw Inception this afternoon (well, I had to get the bullsh*t taste of Airbender out of my brain, didn't I?) and my short review of that movie is:
Inception = f*cking genius excellence Confusedmile:
If your friend was really a friend, they wouldn't have subjected you to Airbender in the first place. :-P
Moon last night. Inception tonight. Why can't I watch amazing movies every night? Seriously I would consider giving each of these 10s, which is incredibly rare for me.
I dunno what you mean by Moon. I'll have to look it up.

Watched "Demon Seed" a few days ago. Not bad! Creative and creepy. Nice to see Fritz Weaver, too. I think I'd only seen him on The Twilight Zone before that. Oh, and it had a Bricklin in it! Confusedmile:
Moon

Fantastic movie.
yup. that's the one. Writing, editing, acting (almost solely by Sam Rockwell), score were all fantastic. watch it!

[Image: moon-poster-2.jpg]
Oh yeah, I think I looked it up a while ago cuz I heard Matt Berry is in it. :-P
lol, I guess technically he is in it. Its pretty much a one man show though Smile