Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Movies that don't quite live up to their amazing Soundtracks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Changed up the title and intention of the thread based on the great posts. Now it's simply about sharing movies that don't quite live up to their soundtracks.

Used to watch this religiously as a kid, had a pretty big gap, popped in the dvd back in college and...woof. Nostalgia did not help this one out. Soundtrack is great, though.
(09-07-2019, 08:31 PM)lapis molari Wrote: [ -> ]1492: Conquest of Paradise.

You beat me to it. Smile

Alexander (2004) has another great Vangelis score, one that's not matched by the film in which it features.
Watchmen is one of my favorite movies, but a lot of people dislike it. It's soundtrack is great though, and full of great songs. I have a custom playlist made with all the songs featured as well as songs from the trailers, and I think there were a few other related songs. Once again, I love Beginning is the End is the Beginning, which is featured in one of the trailers.
Zabriske Point.
I think the Elliot Goldenthal Batman theme is pretty cool. Nowhere near Zimmer or Elfman, but still good.

Dinosaur - James Newton Howard (The entirety of this phenomenal intro scene doesn't live up to the rest of the movie)

Fantastic Four - John Ottman

Batman v Superman

Pirates of the Caribbean (last three films)

(09-08-2019, 02:16 PM)Masirimso17 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Elliot Goldenthal Batman theme is pretty cool. Nowhere near Zimmer or Elfman, but still good.

Nowhere near Elfman, certainly.
(09-08-2019, 04:29 PM)Duragizer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2019, 02:16 PM)Masirimso17 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Elliot Goldenthal Batman theme is pretty cool. Nowhere near Zimmer or Elfman, but still good.

Nowhere near Elfman, certainly.

Yeah. Zimmer's Dark Knight theme is my favorite though.

And this movie totally lives up to its soundtrack.

EDIT: Spider-Man 3's soundtrack is amazing. The movie's okay at best though.

Notice that the Venom theme here is the opposite of Spider-Man's theme:

And talk about a movie not living up to one scene!

"Under The Cherry Moon" is garbage cinema.

"Parade" is superbly sublime.

Lost in Space
The movie had a pretty good asthetic, but was marred by technological cgi issues, pacing and so so line delivery. Bruce Broughton's score is pretty fabulous.

Pages: 1 2 3