Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Content Aware Fill in After Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is potentially HUGE news. 

https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/03/adobe-aft...ill-video/

We joke sometimes about using the "remove onscreen credits" button but it seriously looks like we are getting something akin to that. Also painting characters or objects out of frame, and cleaning up damaged footage, and who knows what else, is all about to get a whole lot easier. Really, this is going to be big.
Quick hide this before Lucas sees it!
That had been announced somewhere early last year, I think. I remember seeing a demo where they tried to hid a lamp post in a steadicam shot, moving left to right. Glad to see it's come up again.
(04-04-2019, 07:20 AM)Kal-El Wrote: [ -> ]That had been announced somewhere early last year, I think. I remember seeing a demo where they tried to hid a lamp post in a steadicam shot, moving left to right. Glad to see it's come up again.

It's released, available to use right now.
I watched a few videos on it and while it's intriguing (I use that word a lot) I don't think it is profound enough to warrant a purchase/rent. It's also a huge space hog. A video of 11 seconds resulted in 250 rerendered png frames at a size of 4.12gb. It's more of an automated photoshop tool in the guise of a video editor.
its also tricky and glitchy being brand new
it sometimes crashes,  hopefully down the road
it will be tweaked and fixed.
This is what I've been able to do with about five minutes of work. Password for both is fanedit.org

(I posted these videos in my project thread but not everyone like at every thread. They are relevant to this discussion too Imo)

Before:

After:
Looks seamless!
Do you have TFA? Would be interested in seeing how AE does with the time code in the bonus scenes.
(04-07-2019, 11:18 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have TFA? Would be interested in seeing how AE does with the time code in the bonus scenes.

I don't but I probably have something with time codes. I'll be experimenting a lot with this tool.
Pages: 1 2