Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Marvel Cinematic Universe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
hello all! i noticed that the 'movies' forum of this website tends to basically have one thread per movie and a couple of general threads, but after some time looking for a 'general MCU thread' i couldn't find it, so... i decided to create it! i'm sorry if this thread already exists, and if so, mods feel free to merge threads.

but the reason i created this thread is because i've been rewatching all of the MCU feature films before the next Avengers, and i've actually been ranking them. not only that, but it's the first time ever since the lead up to the 2012 Avengers that i deciced to watch several MCU movies back to back, and it's also been my first time rewatching many of them. my current ranking is as follows (only movies i've watched recently, and i've been doing so in release order, but Captain Marvel is in here due to me having watched the movie not so long ago):

1. Iron Man
2. The Avengers
3. Captain Marvel
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
5. Iron Man 3
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
8. Thor
9. Iron Man 2
10. Thor: The Dark World

i actually love 1-9 and will certainly rewatch them at least a couple of times. The Dark World is the only one i really don't feel like revisiting, so it's a shame that it has one of the six infinity stones in it, therefore making it 'important'. oh well. Guardians of the Galaxy is up next, and i'm hoping i'll have a blast. we'll see.

got any thoughts on the MCU as a whole? ranking of the movies? have you been rewatching them as a collective piece?

i'll make sure to make some follow up posts with some thoughts i've been having on the franchise as a whole for the past few days where i've been rewatching it, i just don't have the time right now. cheers!
FYI, Ms. Marvel is a different character than Captain Marvel.

Well, technically, in the comics Carol Danvers was Ms. Marvel first, but they skipped that step in the movie and had her go straight to being Captain Marvel.

The current comic Ms. Marvel is Kamala Khan (I think), while Carol Danvers is still the current Captain Marvel.
The first Iron Man and Avengers films were decent popcorn flicks, but Captain America: The First Avenger is the only MCU film I consider a great film. The rest of the cinematic side of the MCU I hate/dislike/am indifferent towards/disappointed in.
(04-02-2019, 11:36 PM)Duragizer Wrote: [ -> ]The first Iron Man and Avengers films were decent popcorn flicks, but Captain America: The First Avenger is the only MCU film I consider a great film. The rest of the cinematic side of the MCU I hate/dislike/am indifferent towards/disappointed in.

That’s surprising. I mean, I like the movie very much, but I personally would put it around the quality of films like The Incredible Hulk, Ant-Man, the Thor films (more or less), Doctor Strange etc.

Then again, I am an MCU fan, so...

What do you think of Captain America: The Winter Soldier? The best MCU film by far, IMHO.
(04-03-2019, 02:18 AM)Masirimso17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2019, 11:36 PM)Duragizer Wrote: [ -> ]The first Iron Man and Avengers films were decent popcorn flicks, but Captain America: The First Avenger is the only MCU film I consider a great film. The rest of the cinematic side of the MCU I hate/dislike/am indifferent towards/disappointed in.

That’s surprising. I mean, I like the movie very much, but I personally would put it around the quality of films like The Incredible Hulk, Ant-Man, the Thor films (more or less), Doctor Strange etc.

Steve Rogers is pretty much the only major MCU superhero I like as a person. That and The First Avenger being a period piece are enough to boost the movie above all the others for me.

Quote:What do you think of Captain America: The Winter Soldier? The best MCU film by far, IMHO.

I consider it the second-best MCU film, but it lacks je ne sais quoi, so it didn't have any staying power for me. Maybe if a proper second sequel had followed instead of that derailing piece-of-shit Civil War, I'd look back on it with more appreciation. Who knows?
Okay you lost me when you said Civil War was a piece of shit. I think it's a great movie and one of the best MCU films.
Yeah, I've learned pretty quickly not to talk to Duragizer about movies.
I love the MCU and it's possibly my favourite movie franchise of all time. There are so many good movies and great characters that I have almost always have had a good time watching them, and I'm very excited for the future of it.
(04-02-2019, 08:24 PM)ChainsawAsh Wrote: [ -> ]FYI, Ms. Marvel is a different character than Captain Marvel.

Well, technically, in the comics Carol Danvers was Ms. Marvel first, but they skipped that step in the movie and had her go straight to being Captain Marvel.

The current comic Ms. Marvel is Kamala Khan (I think), while Carol Danvers is still the current Captain Marvel.

right, but she was ms. marvel first, and all my prior contact with carol was as ms. marvel. when people say captain marvel i think of when he was mar-vell first and foremost, and when i think of the girl incarnation i primarily think of her as monica rambeau, not as carol.

anyway, it's just easier for me to call her miss marvel, it's automatic. but i'll switch over to captain marvel if you like Wink
(04-03-2019, 01:09 PM)Collipso Wrote: [ -> ]anyway, it's just easier for me to call her miss marvel, it's automatic. but i'll switch over to captain marvel if you like Wink

You had me googling for a Kamala Khan animated film I suddenly thought I missed. The movie's called Captain Marvel, regardless of your familiarity with the character, if you're referring to the film, I would recommend using its title, otherwise most won't recognize what you're talking about or may misunderstand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8