Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Top Ten TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(02-14-2019, 08:28 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely agree, THE AMERICANS is excellent.  Definitely on my modern must watch list.
Also, KILLING EVE is equally excellent.

HOMELAND is one of those shows that has been on my list to see but never seem to get to...

I,SPY is certainly an important series in tv history, but the show itself never really kept me glued... maybe I was too young to appreciate it.
While I know MAN FROM UNCLE was a huge hit show in its time... many episodes re-edited into theatrical releases to cash in on its tv success... it is a show I just did not like....shrug....  Blush

Love PERSON OF INTEREST.... it will be appearing on a different top 10 list.... Wink

Well if your a fan of Killing Eve and Luther, then this will probably interest you:
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a25747107/...crossover/
(02-15-2019, 01:04 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]Well if your a fan of Killing Eve and Luther, then this will probably interest you:

I find Luther to be terribly overrated, its a decent enough time passer but the plotlines are often too far fetched and silly to take any of it seriously.  Highly recommend the  first series of Happy Valley its a great kidnapping potboiler that's similar in tone to Jimmy Mcgovern's classic 'The Lakes' although the second series did turn into your standard BBC Cluedo drama a bit.
(02-15-2019, 02:15 PM)Sinbad Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2019, 01:04 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]Well if your a fan of Killing Eve and Luther, then this will probably interest you:

I find Luther to be terribly overrated, its a decent enough time passer but the plotlines are often too far fetched and silly to take any of it seriously.  Highly recommend the  first series of Happy Valley its a great kidnapping potboiler that's similar in tone to Jimmy Mcgovern's classic 'The Lakes' although the second series did turn into your standard BBC Cluedo drama a bit.

How are the plots far fetched and silly? For me, Alice is what makes Luther so good, she's what elevates the show from 'just another police show' to something truly special.
(02-15-2019, 03:26 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2019, 02:15 PM)Sinbad Wrote: [ -> ]

How are the plots far fetched and silll?
The one with the twins springs instantly to mind
My wife and I enjoy LUTHOR very much.   It does have a heighten reality to its narrative like many long running series develop.  The resurrection of Alice is a clear example.  But I don't find it anymore fanciful than Sherlock Holmes. 

But then again, you may be able to tell from my top ten lists, I tend to gravitate to shows that push the evelope into the fantasitcal.   Big Grin
(02-15-2019, 04:22 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]My wife and I enjoy LUTHOR very much.   It does have a heighten reality to its narrative like many long running series develop.  The resurrection of Alice is a clear example.  But I don't find it anymore fanciful than Sherlock Holmes. 

But then again, you may be able to tell from my top ten lists, I tend to gravitate to shows that push the evelope into the fantasitcal.   Big Grin

Well I hated series 4, so Alice coming back was fine by me and made series 5 the best series since series 1 (the one which had the most Alice), even if I have mixed feelings about the finale (I'll be able to make up my mind when series 6, and/or the movie, comes out in a few years time).
(02-15-2019, 04:22 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]My wife and I enjoy LUTHOR very much.   

Freudian slip? Or intentional? We'll never know.
(02-15-2019, 05:09 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2019, 04:22 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]My wife and I enjoy LEATHER very much.   

Freudian slip? Or intentional? We'll never know.

WIR
(01-28-2019, 08:30 PM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: [ -> ]Your descriptions of The Expanse and Babylon 5 make me want to watch them.

I agree. I was never interested in them. Now I am. Keep in mind that he has the original Battlestar Galactica on a tandem level with Star Wars...

Confused
Killing Eve and Luthur. Considered both of them and never leaped. Are they as good as the other shows mentioned? I know that get good reviews on that one forum.

Are they on a par with The Americans, The Blacklist or Person of Interest?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15