Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Your favorite games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Star Fox
  • Super Mario 64
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Sorely lacking mega man titles, but besides never having played ZAMN I wouldn't disagree with any of those being great. 

Although I think some of them (super Mario 64, Starfox) have superior newer titles. 

Also if you like super Mario rpg (as well you should) what about paper Mario?  It as well as the first two sequels are fab
(10-31-2018, 09:47 PM)Possessed Wrote: [ -> ]Also if you like super Mario rpg (as well you should) what about paper Mario?  It as well as the first two sequels are fab

I like it also, just not as much.
The gamecube one is arguably even better. But I love the first three so much. I dunno something about those games are just therapy when life has me stressed out and depressed.
Forgot to mention, I love A Hat in Time  

I also like the 6th Touhou game, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. After finding pictures of Remilia Scarlet, I realized that she's adorable and has my favorite character design ever. So I started getting into Touhou, and bought a poster of her as well as a plush doll.

The original Castlevania is another favorite, and did I already mention Zelda 2? Oh, and Bionic Commando! And Street Fighter 3!
Arkham Asylum is going to be my all time favorite, no matter what. I'm doubtful another game could dethrone it at this point, it's been almost 10 years. It had everything man, excellent combat, innovative stealth mechanics, and a PERFECT voice cast. Arleen Sorkin, Mark Hamill, and Kevin Conroy all give definitive character performances that I don't even think the other Arkham Games can top, except maybe Harley in Arkham Knight. Sneaking around behind Zsasz in the games chaotic opening sequence is wonderful, and you can really feel the loss of control over the island in real time as you play. It's the only game I've ever beaten 100%, achievements and all.

That being said, I also think Until Dawn, The Witcher III, Rise of the Tomb Raider, DOOM, and Spider-Man are some of the absolute best modern gaming has to offer. As far as retro stuff goes, I really love Jurassic Park on the SNES, all the Smash Bros. games, the original Tomb Raider games, and the OG Star Wars Battlefront series. I'm also really excited for The Call of Cthulhu, but I'm not buying anything new until after xmas.
Quote:but I'm not buying anything new until after xmas.

This is very wise advice.  You know what, I'm going to be adhering to this from now on too.
[Grumpy Old Man]
Back in my day, we didn't have these newfangled "video games." We had *one* game; it was called "Go Outside and Stare at the Sun"! And we was HAPPY for it!
[/Grumpy Old Man]

But seroiusly, old-school game fan here. Went to the arcade a lot; owned an Atari 2600, an NES, and a Sega Genesis. Loved them all.

Gaming lost me when it went 3-D. Not that I think the games are poorly made; I just can't wrap my brain around them.

In multiplayer 3D games, I'm the one guy who immediately runs into the corner and spends the rest of the time unable to figure out how to turn around.
My favourite games are.
-Left 4 Dead
-Batman Arkham City
-Red Dead Redemption
-Walking Dead The Game Season 1 2 3
-Back To The Future The Game
-Tony Hawks Underground 1 2
-Manic Miner
-Rocky
(11-04-2018, 06:46 PM)TomH1138 Wrote: [ -> ][Grumpy Old Man]
Back in my day, we didn't have these newfangled "video games." We had *one* game; it was called "Go Outside and Stare at the Sun"! And we was HAPPY for it!
[/Grumpy Old Man]

But seroiusly, old-school game fan here. Went to the arcade a lot; owned an Atari 2600, an NES, and a Sega Genesis. Loved them all.

Gaming lost me when it went 3-D. Not that I think the games are poorly made; I just can't wrap my brain around them.

In multiplayer 3D games, I'm the one guy who immediately runs into the corner and spends the rest of the time unable to figure out how to turn around.

Are you aware of the rise if indie games that return to the style, game play, and graphics of the old days? There are plenty of modern games that aren't 3d that are worth checking out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4