Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Your favorite games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
well i bet i'm younger than you guys so that'd be the reason for different generation of games and all. i've never even played most of the games that have been mentioned so far :O

i used to really like The Sims 3 from 2010-2012. was one of my favorites in that period for sure. i only played 2 on the PS2.
My favorites you ask?

Super Mario Bros 3 (snes version)
Yoshis island(modded to mute the baby's crying)
Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask 
Mega Man 3
Mega Man X 1-3 (Zero Project for 3)
Super Mario Galaxy 
Super Mario Rpg
The first 3 Paper Mario games 
Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past 
Donkey Kong Country 2
Starfox Zero 
Starfox Assault 

Honorable Mentions:
Super Mario Bros (Super Mario all Stars version modded to have the Nes games physics)
Super Mario World 
Super Mario 64
The other 5 Mega Man games for nes and Mega man 7
Mega Man X4, x5 (modded to remove some irritating features) and X8
Donkey Kong Country 
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Starfox 64
Starfox Adventures (the Zelda one)
Conkers Bad Fur Day 
Mario Party trilogy for N64 for parties
Any Mario kart or Mario tennis
Oh, derr, I'm forgetting Shadow of the Colossus.
(10-22-2018, 06:50 PM)Collipso Wrote: [ -> ]i used to really like The Sims 3 from 2010-2012. was one of my favorites in that period for sure. i only played 2 on the PS2.

Sorry to say, but you've never really played The Sims. That is, the game I fell in love with.  I spent a lot of time playing Sims 3, got a lot of expansions, and really tried to love it. Here's the proof.  But, they just don't have the same kind of wackiness they did in prior games, and it was nowhere near as challenging to manage them.  It got boring fast.  Add on to this, the fact that the game is unstable as hell on modern systems that it'll run like shit no matter how nice a system you've got, and I just don't have the desire to revisit it.

The Sims in the Sims 2 are just so charmingly weird.

(10-22-2018, 06:50 PM)Collipso Wrote: [ -> ]well i bet i'm younger than you guys so that'd be the reason for different generation of games and all. i've never even played most of the games that have been mentioned so far :O

I guarantee I'm younger than everyone here. That's no excuse.
'Elite' on the ZX Spectrum was my favourite game growing up.

Years later, I'm still looking for a similar experience ('Freelancer' on PC came close).
(10-23-2018, 09:48 AM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 06:50 PM)Collipso Wrote: [ -> ]well i bet i'm younger than you guys so that'd be the reason for different generation of games and all. i've never even played most of the games that have been mentioned so far :O

I guarantee I'm younger than everyone here. That's no excuse.

I'm 2 and a half.
Yeah but that's 17-18 cat years.
Well if somebody would let me go outside more maybe I wouldn't be so bored and acting out
(10-22-2018, 07:51 AM)Collipso Wrote: [ -> ]well, i thought i might as well start this thread.

i LOVE Assassin's Creed. the series is a favorite of mine since i played the first game back in 2010. i love all of them up until Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, from 2013. the rest feels like Ubisoft just trying to take my money. i did buy Rogue, Unity and Syndicate and played all of them, but i didn't love them as much as i loved the first 6 games.

I played all AC games up until Black Flag and I enjoyed them all, but I have to say that after Revelations, it didn't feel like Assassin's Creed to me anymore. The whole Templar vs. Assassins angle gets kind of lost in III. And IV is more of a pirate game than an AC game, but it's a fantastic pirate game.
I didn't bother with Rouge, but I picked up Unity long after its release when it was cheaper and it wasn't bad at all. Solving the murder sidestory was my favorite part. It didn't quite capture the same feel as the older ones, though. I guess that's because it takes place much closer to the present. That's why I didn't buy Syndicate, but I'm interested in Origins. I hope I can get it for cheap later this year.
The first AC always felt the best to me, even though the missions were repetitive and the gameplay not as refined as in the following installments, but it really captured the spirit of these secret societies fifhting in the shadows. Starting with II, the Templars became much more standard baddies, which is a shame.
Pages: 1 2 3 4