Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Star Trek Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(08-15-2017, 08:41 PM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: [ -> ]I'm positive it won't meet the likes of TNG, but if it's better than Voyager I'll be happy.

I'm actually rewatching Voyager and am enjoying it. Smile
(08-15-2017, 09:29 PM)Q2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually rewatching Voyager and am enjoying it. Smile

I'll admit, once it got into seasons 6 and 7 the stories and characters were much better. I enjoyed the first few seasons of DS9 and loathed the first seasons of Voyager and then loathed the latter seasons of DS9 and enjoyed the end of Voyager. When they started to focus more on the minor characters like the Doctor, Seven and Kim, the show became much more interesting.
Threads merged.
(08-19-2017, 05:34 PM)gazza Wrote: [ -> ]Has  the new series star trek discovery gone too far. In a recent quote in a interview the director said that there should be no god in star trek universe. There are supposed to be  multiple races in the expanded universe and all the races do not mention worshipping god or their version of god(apparently its to stop people from being offended who do not believe in god in any form) i mean star trek 5 what about searching for god are we supposed to gloss over that fact also when the new look klingons die do they no longer goto stovokor anymore? 

What do you guys think too far or do you agree in taking away god and mention of dieity away is a good idea?

Producers recently clarified this misunderstanding about the use of the word "God" on the show...

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entertainmen...m-the-show

http://nerdist.com/yes-internet-the-star...o-say-god/

It has always been part of the Trek mythos that the majority Humans who reside on Earth do not believe in a religion.  Roddenberry himself was an atheist.   However, all the various Trek series at one point or another has explored the concepts of faith and religion in some respect.  Heck, DS9's main driving story arc was about religion and the existence of God or Gods.

Nothing I have read about Discovery says they are banning "God" from the series.  In all the trailers, you clearly see the Klingons performing a very religious death ritual.

Honestly, I think this is a non-story that the internet has blown out of proportion.   Tongue
(10-27-2016, 08:12 AM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]At least they don't use money in the 23rd century...so no Federation Credit Card Big Grin

Good job theres no money in 23rd century. With another female captain and first mate and gay crew members . The 13 episisodes would be about intergallactic shopping and the cargo hold would be full of shoes and handbags
Big Grin
(08-19-2017, 06:03 PM)gazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2016, 08:12 AM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]At least they don't use money in the 23rd century...so no Federation Credit Card Big Grin

Good job theres no money in 23rd century. With another female captain and first mate and gay crew members . The 13 episisodes would be about intergallactic shopping and the cargo hold would be full of shoes and handbags
Big Grin

If this is meant to be a joke, I'm not laughing...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJwlVEzielk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Looks like they are just going to ban the use ofthe word god.
(08-19-2017, 06:07 PM)TVs Frink Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2017, 06:03 PM)gazza Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

If this is meant to be a joke, I'm not laughing...

Lifes too short to take life so seriously. If we cant laugh at ourselves whats the point . Yes it was a jk . Sorry if offended any women.
Are you gay or a woman?  Just wondering what the "laugh at ourselves" bit means.
(08-19-2017, 06:23 PM)TVs Frink Wrote: [ -> ]Are you gay or a woman?  Just wondering what the "laugh at ourselves" bit means.

By ourselves i meant the human race/species homoerectus/homosapien .

(Backs away peacefully.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28