Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Star Trek Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
ScreenJunkie dissect the trailer....

Well that didn't last long; it's already down.

(05-17-2017, 06:20 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]After much delay, the first full trailer....

We get our first good look at the bridge, uniforms, starship and tech.... they keep saying this a prequel to the Prime Universe but I dunno... it sure looks Kelvin to me.  Though I do like the new uniform design, it has a nice 1950s retro sci-fi look to them.

As for those Klingons... uhg.   I just hope the new look is part of the plot, a divergent race or something.

Watched a third time, if it is a Prime Prequel, why are the Discovery crew wearing the Enterprise insignia?

Hhhmmmm..... it appears Burnham might have been raised on Vulcan?  She seems to have a close relationship with Spock's father.

All in all, the trailer has left me very intrigued, with far more questions (and concerns lol) than answers.
(05-17-2017, 06:39 PM)Q2 Wrote: [ -> ]Well that didn't last long; it's already down.

Must be regional, still plays for me.  Blush
My own STAR TREK 'prime universe' purely consists of the original TOS show and movies, and ends with 'STAR TREK VI: The Undiscovered Country'...and anything else outwith that is set in an alternate 'parallel universe' as far as I'm concerned, no matter what the 'official canon' claims.  Big Grin

And after seeing this trailer's footage, I reckon I'll enjoy STAR TREK DISCOVERY much better if I look on it as being yet another 'parallel universe' storyline which is completely seperate from the 'prime universe' one. 

It's easy enough for me to imagine that the 'Kirk', 'Spock', and 'Enterprise' mentioned in the trailer are NOT the one's featured in the actual TOS 'prime universe'...but merely refer to the 'alternate' versions eventually seen in J.J. Abram's 're-imagined' storyline - so none of this new show's 'creative choices' will bother me one jot as far as TOS-related 'continuity issues' of any sort are concerned.  Tongue  

However, I'm hoping this particular STAR TREK reboot will be an entertaining re-launch of the concept on tv, and that the show will prove very watchable in it's own right.
I think it looks terrible. They're gonna sell subscriptions based on that?
I don't mind the look.   It is definitely stylized after the recent movies.  It's grand, cinematic look with rich, bright colours is delicious.   But really, do we need more lens flares? LOL  And can they maintain such a look on a tv budget?

At the end of the day, I don't care if it is Kelvin or Prime, (though I do feel a bit misled lol), all I really, really, really want is a good Star Trek story.  Smile
(05-18-2017, 08:05 AM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]all I really, really, really want is a good Star Trek story.  Smile

^^^^^^^
(05-17-2017, 06:50 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2017, 06:39 PM)Q2 Wrote: [ -> ]Well that didn't last long; it's already down.

Must be regional, still plays for me.  Blush

Yep! Still viewable with Canucker Vision!  Big Grin
(05-17-2017, 06:20 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]they keep saying this a prequel to the Prime Universe but I dunno... it sure looks Kelvin to me.

Aren't they technically the same thing? If this takes place before the timeline was changed.

I like everything about the Kelvin timeline, tone, look, design etc... except the stories (STB was good). So this could be great. Yay it's on Netflix! I thought this was going to be an exclusive on some obscure streaming service?
(05-18-2017, 01:55 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ][quote="bionicbob" pid='283797' dateline='1495063259']Yay it's on Netflix! I thought this was going to be an exclusive on some obscure streaming service?

If I'm not mistaken, it's a CBS All Access exclusive in the USA, and on Netflix in other countries.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28