Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Star Trek Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
This few seconds of reaction does kinda sum it:

(IIRC that was just on the opening S1 two parter but could equally apply to the S2 ending 2 parter)
2019 Comic Con trailer for the next wave of SHORT TREKS....

I am assuming since the trailer is Enterprise crew focussed that this is the only episode(s?) filmed.  Which is fine by me, as this was the best element of season two for me.

The short titles listed at the end are interesting, particularly...."Q&A".... Q....?  hhhmmmmm..... is it possible?
Canadian Trailer dropped...

...Disco rebuilds the Federation plotline?  

Burned twice, hesitant to be excited...  Confused
^ That's also not playing in my region. This link has it: https://intl.startrek.com/videos/star-tr...ailer-nycc

I don't know, it could be better? It's too vague a trailer to tell.
(10-05-2019, 04:43 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]^ That's also not playing in my region. This link has it: https://intl.startrek.com/videos/star-tr...ailer-nycc

I don't know, it could be better? It's too vague a trailer to tell.

I want it to be better.
I need it to be better.
So much wonderful potential.
As I said before, I was LOVING season two until the two part finale....
Season Three is traditionally the magic season.
If you know where to look, the Short Trek "Q&A" can found  Wink
I found it on Canadian Youtube.

***EDIT:  IT IS NOW AVAILABLE ON THE CTV SCI-FI CHANNEL WEBSITE FOR FREE STREAMING. 

I really enjoyed it.
Ensign Spock arrives on the Enterprise for the first time and is met by Number One.
They promptly get stuck in a malfunctioning turbo lift.

This short cleverly and humorously taps into The Cage version of Spock... loud/shouting and smiling.

Fun short.  Looking forward to the next one.  Big Grin
Just watched the latest short, "THE TROUBLE WITH EDWARD"...

A newly appointed Captain takes command of a science ship, and encounters an idiot crew member who is experimenting on Tribbles.

Didn't work for me.  While all of the various incarnations of Trek have done comedy episodes, they were always earned, you knew the crew and characters, and thus the comedy worked naturally and felt believable.

This just tries too hard.  Or maybe it is trying to be The Orville?

I dunno.   On the positive, another gorgeous looking episode.
Wow... just wow...

(10-26-2019, 08:38 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]Wow... just wow...

Yep!
Yeah, I think we were supposed to side with the captain in that short trek, but even with Edward being a problematic employee, her handling of him was completely unacceptable and she deserved the court martial.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28