Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Mystery Science Theater 3000 Returns!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
50-story high pelvic thrust!
One reason I'm really pumped about this latest news is that I already pay for Netflix.  I don't pay for Vimeo (for good reason) so this was pretty annoying in comparison:

https://vimeo.com/140658136

EDIT: Con Man was on vimeo for a price but now it's no longer there (the Buy Now link is dead).  Instead it seems to be on something called Comic-Con HQ.

http://conmantheseries.com/season-1/

No thanks.
Now, the phrasing of Netflix's release leaves some room for ambiguity, but...

...Bill Corbett (“Crow T. Robot”) and Kevin Murphy (“Tom Servo”) from the original cast will reprise their roles in the new series.

They're confirmed to be returning as Bobo and Observer - but the way this is phrased suggests they may also be voicing the 'bots at some point as well?  It'd be neat if they started the first episode with their previous voices, only to be damaged/upgraded/regenerated to the new cast partway through.

I also heard - can't find a clip/excerpt for confirmation - that Gypsy's getting more screentime this season.  Good times!  Still no word as to who will be voicing her, though.
(07-26-2016, 01:59 AM)matrixgrindhouse Wrote: [ -> ]...Bill Corbett (“Crow T. Robot”) and Kevin Murphy (“Tom Servo”) from the original cast will reprise their roles in the new series.

They're confirmed to be returning as Bobo and Observer - but the way this is phrased suggests they may also be voicing the 'bots at some point as well?  It'd be neat if they started the first episode with their previous voices, only to be damaged/upgraded/regenerated to the new cast partway through.

It does sound like they would be voicing the bots. You idea could work. I'm going to miss those bots though.
Update from Joel:

The new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000 will premiere on Netflix on April 14, 2017.
[Image: BwJtFEBCcAA4tuj.jpg]

[Image: 1385313948000-MYSTERY-SCIENCE-THEATERG1206.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20070115054250]

[Image: mst3k_twitter_announce_small.png]

The more things change, the more they feel the same.  I think.  Gypsy snakes down from the ceiling now?! Crow has big beefy arms - do they work?  Servo seems a bit mightier as well!
Do we know who is voicing Tom and Crow?

And Gypsy, I guess...
oh man. I hope this is good.
^ +1

I was worried there for a fair bit, there wasn't any news on this for the longest time.
(02-23-2017, 07:48 AM)TVs Frink Wrote: [ -> ]Do we know who is voicing Tom and Crow?

And Gypsy, I guess...

Hampton Yount (second human from the left) is Crow.  Baron Vaughn (third human from the right) is Servo.  Netflix's press release ambiguously hinted that maybe, possibly, Bill and Kevin might also reprise their roles?  Don't count on it, but I wouldn't rule out them doing a voice change early in the first episode.  I don't believe Gypsy's voice actress's name has been revealed yet.  And yes, they're breaking with tradition and having her voiced by a woman this time around.  Early reports from the premier screenings describe her as sounding more articulate and less raspy - comparisons were made to female radio DJs.  While there are NDAs in place, initial reaction to the first episode has been very positive, with more than a few of the comments I've read describing it as one of the best episodes of the series.  My hype is huge.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6