Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
2 episodes in and I must say I am impressed. Netflix is so confident in the show they already bought the first rerun rights. So I figure maybe this show should get its own thread....

The calibre of the guest cast (Lilli Taylor and Frank Whaley -- WOW!!!) stunned me, especially for such minor roles!

In the end, this show can only get darker and end in anarchy, but if it maintains this level of quality, it will be a descent well worth watching. :thumb:
I agree! I was surprised how much I enjoyed the pilot and it continued into last night's episode. I will admit that I'm not sure how long it'll hold my interest being a show about Batman's city, but I'm willing to give it a few seasons to see how it progresses.
bionicbob Wrote:The calibre of the guest cast (Lilli Taylor and Frank Whaley -- WOW!!!) stunned me, especially for such minor roles!

That's who that was! :doh: I saw her name during the post-opening credits credit sequence and thought "Cool!". But then I completely forgot she was in it and couldn't figure out who that woman was. :lol:
I also was very surprised when I realized that the guy they were dealing with was Wayne Duvall, whom I previously only knew as Homer Stokes in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? Quite a few years apart, yes, but even so, two completely different looks, sounds, and manners. Impressive.

I felt that the show might have been trying a bit too hard to shoehorn in as many future villains as possible in the pilot, but I did enjoy it overall, and the second episode really felt like it was hitting its stride. Bruno Heller definitely understands ensembles, as Rome proved, and even the kids (Camren Bicondova as "Cat" and David Mazouz as Bruce in particular) seem very well cast.

It's very early yet, but I can see Mazouz and Bicondova blossoming into major stars -- amazing to think that she is only 15 and (before this) primarily a dancer and he is only 13!
Was the stand up comedian implied to be the Joker?
I believe he is one of supposedly 3 suspects who will turn out to be the Joker
Okay, I didn't realize there were more contenders. The actual joke he told was so tired, it was like intentionally bad. I only started thinking he might be the Joker when he watched what Fish did to Penguin. Fish. What a weird name.
So far, the series seems promising. And it's nice to see Sean Pertwee in something worthy; he's a good choice to play Alfred.
addiesin Wrote:Okay, I didn't realize there were more contenders. The actual joke he told was so tired, it was like intentionally bad. I only started thinking he might be the Joker when he watched what Fish did to Penguin. Fish. What a weird name.

The producers have said many episodes will have references to different characters possibly being the future Joker, though all or none may be the actual Clown Prince of Crime.

Penguin's eat Fish. Maybe that will be the pivotal scene when Cobblepot overthrows Fish and finally accepts his true nature as the Penguin?
My issues with actor's lack of chemistry from the pilot is gone in episode two. Some quite disturbing stuff in episode 2, but in a really good way (the waiter scene). This is shaping up!
Pages: 1 2 3 4