Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Cinema Blend praises Harmy's Despecialized Editions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow, Harmy continues to become an absolute rock star in the fan community. Now, Cinema Blend carries the news to fans everywhere:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Amazing-S...66990.html

It's kind of funny that the original Despecialized version has been around for several years and didn't get this level of attention outside of this community. Still, I'm glad that people are finding out about it, since Harmy did (and is doing) such a great job!
ScreenRant covered the fanedit on there weekly podcast the over week (around the 47min mark)
http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-season-...in-city-2/
I don't think calling it a fanedit is the right term, it's imho a fan-restauration and what one it is: I've watched his despescialized version 2.5 and it's simply awesome! Great to see him find appreciation from the wider public, he has surely deserved it.
NewSpock Wrote:I don't think calling it a fanedit is the right term, it's imho a fan-restauration and what one it is: I've watched his despescialized version 2.5 and it's simply awesome! Great to see him find appreciation from the wider public, he has surely deserved it.

Technically you're right in that it's not a FanEdit per se, but in the generic overall sense, it's a fan-edited project.
I just did a search for "despecialized" and then for Harmy on the Database but came up empty both times. Does anyone know why this would be?
Because it's a restoration, not a fanedit.
What is the difference between restoration and preservation?
Hmm. It seems strange to me that such a seminal work that's so important to this community doesn't get a listing. It seems to me like it's the same thing as a preservation, or close enough that it's worth noting.

Oh, well. *shrug*
Go to the front page of IFDb and read the definition of Preservation at the bottom. That should answer these questions.
Fair enough!

A co-worker said she had the original Star Wars movies but they had been properly remastered. I wanted to find a listing for it to ask her if that's the one had. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter that much. :-)
Pages: 1 2 3