• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

X-Men '97

Finale begins and boy does it over-deliver!

90s Spider-Man is back! Nice of Marvel to give us the appearance that Invincible couldn't...

Several other characters appear, including Doctor Doom and Baron Zemo, they're working with Sinister and Bastion

We get a big data dump on Bastion's backstory, he was created by a future strain of the same virus that Sinister infected Nathan/Cable with.

Beast's reporter interest turns out to be a Prime Sentinel and she leads a mass army of them into the mansion and levels it.

Bishop's lost in the timestream.

Magneto is freed by Valerie Cooper, who may be a mutant herself, the "Magneto is right" meme gets a shout-out, and Magneto releases an EMP wave that shuts down all electrical equipment on Earth. Xavier returns to Earth and begins reassembling the team

Damn, these last couple episodes were so good! It sucks the showrunner got fired, guess you can't be too good at your job while working for Disney/Marvel. Shame, he would've killed it if they attached him to the MCU X-Men film.

Much of the show came from a 'terrible' fanfiction spec script Beau DeMayo wrote in the 2000s as a sequel to the first X-Men movie

As I said, dude can really pull off a great X-Men film.

I had problems with this week's episode, but it was still good

Magneto really should have had more than just a mere two acolytes.

Rogue turning to radicalized extremism isn't something I like to see, but with Remy gone it's easy to understand, hopefully it's just a phase due to grief, but I've read comics like Age of Apocalypse and I know what kind of path she can be easily led down here.

I wonder if the Phoenix will awaken within Jean next week?

And yeah, nice that my favourite 90s X-Men moment gets faithfully recreated at the end, even if it was sloppily (and barely) animated

Damn, what a good climax! Feige's gonna fumble so hard if he doesn't get DeMayo to write the MCU X-Men film.

"Know your role mutant, a snake like Sinister would never risk his life for another."

"I've been in a lot of wars bub, the brave always die first."

We need more banger lines like this!

That was INTENSE!!! And still another episode to go. Loving it!

Loved the new/old costumes. I always preferred Cyclops with the skull cap. The throwback line about black leather outfits made me smile broadly!

I continue to marvel at how seamlessly this show (and the original) blends completely different classic story arcs together. Pretty much after each episode, like a giddy fanboy, run over to my X-collection and pull out the whatever storyline they just adapted and savour what was kept and what was altered. And it makes me wonder, how does this series impact viewers who have never read any of the X-books? The experience must be very different. Perhaps, less rewarding or fulfilling?

And it makes me wonder, how does this series impact viewers who have never read any of the X-books? The experience must be very different. Perhaps, less rewarding or fulfilling?
Erm, have you seen the YT reactions from casuals? They're blown away by this

Back
Top Bottom